PH Tester ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AluminumMonster

Duke of Errl:)
Reaction score
Just curious if you folks have a lot of fluctuation when using your testers? My tester is jumping back and forth between 6.1 and 7.3???

I think its time to get a better tester. What tester would you guys/gals recommend? Pen style preferred. Thanks, A.M.

I was looking at meters the other day at the grow shop and some of the Blue Lab ones were around $400. Crazy. I just use the cheapo droplets but I also buy my water so I know the ph is always around 6.5.

This is what i have. Is a cheap one but always spot on. hXXp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PH-TESTER-PEN-UK-STOCK-SAME-DAY-DISPATCH-/140518433012?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN&hash=item20b78d20f4

Calibrate it every other feeding and it only drifts by about .1 in between feeds.

yeah theres no way my wife is gunna let me spend $400 on a ph tester.lol

Hanna 'Checker' -$40

Some people say they are junk, but I love mine. I check it every other week or so and it's always dead on. I had the $200 Hanna and the cheap one has been a better meter for me. I wouldn't hesitate to spend another $40 if this one were to die.

@ Dr MB, thats the one i have now and it's not workin right. Thanks though.

@ Jericho,thanks for the link man. I'm gunna keep looking, but i might go with that one. Not a bad price.

if you haven't already.. try eseasongear.. they have good selection, nice prices, im looking at picking one up also

Nupe05 said:
if you haven't already.. try eseasongear.. they have good selection, nice prices, im looking at picking one up also

:yeahthat:

I wld recommend eseasongear as well....real good prices, quick shipping and they sometimes have real good sales. The meter I currently have I got for like half price on eseasongear in their sale section.

They are actually having an overstock sale right now>>>eseasongear.com/clearance.html

I have dropped my meter in a nute solution twice, the first time it went haywire and the readings were all over the place. It was only 2 months old so I tried replacing the batteries and it was working well again.
Last week, I did the same (I really should stay away from my grow when I am stoned) it went haywire, ph7 buffer was reading 12 and 4, 14 go figure! Anyway, I took the batteries out, left it overnight with the casing open to "dry out" (even though no water got in) put the batteries back in the following day, recalibrated and it is working perfectly again. Rechecked the calibration every other day since and its perfect.
Whenever I have checked its calibration, it has never been more than .1 out, even after a month.
hxxp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIGITAL-pH-METER-POOL-SPA-AQUARIUM-WINE-WATER-TESTER-UK-/320383960346?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN&hash=item4a985f451a

Cheap as chips but it works!
W

A good pH tester is a valuable tool. The cheapest way to buy quality gear is via a wholesale aquarium supply. Hanna are normally very good. I'd also recommend checking with your local scientific equipment resellers, you'd probably pick up a lab quality unit for peanuts.

hi guys/gals, i want to say thanks for all the responses. I still have'nt come to a decision, but i am looking everywhere you all recommended. Also, I am stopping by my local hydro store today and thought i would see what they have to offer. Thanks again, and keep the ideas coming. A.M.

Hamster Lewis said:
They are actually having an overstock sale right now>>>eseasongear.com/clearance.html

That's a decent sale and I was going to buy one but YESCOMUSA screwed up my account with PayPal when they wouldn't go good with a(2) light set-up(s) I bought that were damaged and I had to stop payment with my CC. Altho you don't need a paypal account to by something at eseaongear, the account with paypal shows up and rejects my CC.

BUMMER

niteshft said:
That's a decent sale and I was going to buy one but YESCOMUSA screwed up my account with PayPal when they wouldn't go good with a(2) light set-up(s) I bought that were damaged and I had to stop payment with my CC. Altho you don't need a paypal account to by something at eseaongear, the account with paypal shows up and rejects my CC.

BUMMER

That sucks but try calling them...I am sure it can be rectified.

Oh and by them I mean eseasongear ...

Hamster Lewis said:
That sucks but try calling them...I am sure it can be rectified.

Oh and by them I mean eseasongear ...

I clicked on "contact us" and it opens up an email, no phone. I don't want to hassle with email plus they state that they don't do orders other than paypal or the online form they provide.

Thanks for the heads up Hammy!
I went ahead and ordered this one.
hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/hahi98phmecl.html
as my Hanna Pen is a real pain to calibrate!

My My

Latest posts

Back