ph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dankels00

Reaction score
so after a couple weeks of searching for ph up and down i finally found some petco, it says it for aquariums, but this should ok right? i completely saturated one plant with ph balanced nutrient solution, fish emul. and kelp and the runoff was 6.8 and flushed the seedlings with plain ph balanced water until it read 6.7 then gave them 1/4 strength nutrient soultion. should i have done that, if so how long should it take to see results? one plant is about 5 or 6 months and the seedlings are about 3 weeks. let me know if you need any more info.

i..just..got..some..ph..up..at..petco..but..im..not..sure..waht.to.do..with..it

first of all, make your thread, second, READ..THE..DIRECTIONS.

sounds like you need to stop feeding your plants.... you are loving em to death...

Runoff ph is not that important. The important ph is what is going in the soil/hydro system. There is a thread on here somewhere about this.

i havent fed my plant in a couple weeks so i know im not feeding them to much. all i really wanted to know was if what i did was ok or if i did something wrong.

ive always been told to test the runoff and it should give a pretty accurate reading if the soil, if you say so ill take your word for it, but how do i test the soil with a digital tester?

Dankels00 said:
i havent fed my plant in a couple weeks so i know im not feeding them to much. all i really wanted to know was if what i did was ok or if i did something wrong.

ive always been told to test the runoff and it should give a pretty accurate reading if the soil, if you say so ill take your word for it, but how do i test the soil with a digital tester?

Could..you..tell..me.where..i..could..buy..a..digital.tester..and..where..did.u
get..the..fish..emul..and..kelp.?
thanks..for..the..help

Dankels00 said:

Yeah the runoff doesn't give accurate readings. If I'm not mistaken you just put the probe in the soil and take a reading but I can't say for sure being I never used one.

My advice is to controll what goes in and if you are using a quality soil you really shouldn't need to worry too much as long as what goes in is 6.3-6.8. The soil SHOULD be about a 7 ph outta the bag.

I've always had very satisfactory grows without checking the soil ph. IMO if you want to adjust the ph of the soil you would need to do this b4 you plant in it for it to be a consistand read throughout. This way you wont get hot spots per say. You know one spot being 5.3 and another being 6.9. I would think that this would cause unneeded stress to the plants.

Latest posts

Back