Phosphorus deficiency or normal for plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never grown in coco , I suppose I could learn but I don’t want to , ha!

I’ve grown in 100% Perlite for about 10 years before I went outdoors all the time and it was easy

the hardest part was getting rid of the used Perlite…..how about driving 67 miles an hour down a dirt road pulling a dual axel trailer that was piled high with Perlite?

I could only till in so much in my garden

think of these 5 gal buckets as a passive hydro unit , the roots feeding from the bottom pool of 3 inches of nutrients , so no need to keep the Perlite moist like soil

plants can never be overwatered because of the overflow holes , just fill up the bucket until water starts flowing out the hole

the trick is making sure the roots have access to the pool and this is done in stages m beginning with the first transplant

a key factor for me was also having access to Perlite straight from the factory at contractor prices , I paid $9 bucks a bag but if I bought it at the nursery a big bag was $25 bux

that is the long and short of it , very simple growing method with excellent results , I was using GH Micro and Bloom and Lucas Formula 8-16 nutrient ratio in ml
Ok now I see but I don’t think I’m brave enough to try the 100% perlite thing. Just want to grow in dirt for now…

no holes on the underside

nothing really gets soggy , the plants uptake the solution pretty fast and the roots don’t mind being submerged in the nutrient solution

in fact the plants love the easy access to as much food as they want

i have done side by sides with soil and the Perlite out performed the soil , the difference was significant depending upon the strandivar

the four opposing side holes are like a sight glass , when its time to feed the plants , I can pour the solution into the bucket and as soon as I see some of it coming out the hole , I know it’s full………I couldn’t overfill it if I tried , it’s idiot proof , never have to worry about overwatering the plants

nothing really gets soggy , the plants uptake the solution pretty fast and the roots don’t mind being submerged in the nutrient solution

i have done side by sides with soil and the Perlite out performed the soil , the difference was significant depending upon the strandivar

the four opposing side holes are like a sight glass , when its time to feed the plants , I can pour the solution into the bucket and as soon as I see some of it coming out the hole , I know it’s full………I couldn’t overfill it if I tried , it’s idiot proof , never have to worry about overwatering the plants
Interesting…how do you keep the main stem sturdy? seems like the perlite would be so loose. Do you start your seedlings super low in the bucket and cover them up with more perlite as they grow or lift them till the roots just touch the bottom? Or perhaps transplant them in smaller versions of the 5 gallon bucket idea until they fit In the big bucket. (don’t answer any of that…)I know nothing about hydroponic growing. I’ll do some reading first so I don’t ask the idiot questions. Maybe one day I’ll give it a try too. Can’t get the picture of that truckload of perlite going down that dirt road at 67 mph out of my head tho…

@ Big

[/QUOTE]
I don't lie. I usually don't start before five. But all bets are off once I am safe at home. Don't know which I like better...... smoking or drinking so I do both.

kramer-drink-michael-richards.gif

Last edited:

So almost setup like a sippy pot?
I tired this with a friend of mine who was teaching me coco growing yrs back and we took a 5gal bucket and drilled one 3/4 hole 3 inches up from bottom, and water fed the same nutes I believe it was 6 micro 9 bloom
plants grew great until they stopped absorbing all the salts which lead to a rapid build up and spiking of the PPMs , wat crazy numbers into the 2000;s
But may try again, How did you keep the ppms (salts from climbing)

I use about 40% perlite mixed into my FF Ocean Forest. I also put a couple of inches of Perlite on the bottom of my bucket and a couple of inches on the top of my soil even if planted in the ground.
Yes in soil now I do approx 30% Pearl/lite too
I was using a layer in drain pan and pots sat on top to allow the excess to be absorbed if they needed more through the day. Turns Green LOL

Interesting…how do you keep the main stem sturdy? seems like the perlite would be so loose. Do you start your seedlings super low in the bucket and cover them up with more perlite as they grow or lift them till the roots just touch the bottom? Or perhaps transplant them in smaller versions of the 5 gallon bucket idea until they fit In the big bucket. (don’t answer any of that…)I know nothing about hydroponic growing. I’ll do some reading first so I don’t ask the idiot questions. Maybe one day I’ll give it a try too. Can’t get the picture of that truckload of perlite going down that dirt road at 67 mph out of my head tho…
I see him now Wild Dog
dust.gif

What Are the Benefits of Molasses for Cannabis Plants?

While sometimes used as a sweetener or cooking ingredient, molasses is also used to improve the health and yield of cannabis plants. This sticky syrup contains a wealth of nutrients that help to drive plant development and soil health, including:

• Carbohydrates: These simple sugars serve as a life-giving energy source to beneficial microbes in the soil. As you feed bacteria and fungi in the rhizosphere, they multiply and help plants tap into nutrients.
  • Calcium: This mineral plays a crucial role in plant physiology, contributing to tissue growth and the structural integrity of cell walls.
  • Iron: This essential plant micronutrient plays a fundamental role in metabolic processes such as DNA synthesis, respiration, and photosynthesis.
  • Selenium: Selenium helps to reduce plant stress and activates important antioxidants and enzymes.
  • Copper: Copper helps plants to create energy and respire, and also plays a role in the breakdown of carbohydrates and proteins.
  • Magnesium: Magnesium forms the core of the chlorophyll molecule in plant tissue, meaning deficiencies can lead to a lack of chlorophyll and stunted growth.
Use unsulphured molasses. I use carbo load in veg and switch to molasses in flower.
I use carboload and their bud candy too.

Bubba

I tired this with a friend of mine who was teaching me coco growing yrs back and we took a 5gal bucket and drilled one 3/4 hole 3 inches up from bottom, and water fed the same nutes I believe it was 6 micro 9 bloom
plants grew great until they stopped absorbing all the salts which lead to a rapid build up and spiking of the PPMs , wat crazy numbers into the 2000;s
That's sort of like Massproducers thread, or Hempy buckets. I always wanted to try that.
Bubba

modified Hempy bucket

I will do some pruning today and yes my next grow will be in smaller pots for sure. Wanted to give them plenty of room but this was ridiculous overkill And a first grow lesson. Will use these 7 gal pots for my outdoor grow in the spring. i got some free 3 gallon cloth pots with my tent. May even try those for the next tent candidates. I like the short plants for my tent. I guess I better go do some pruning. Thanks for responding
[/QUOTE
You seem to be dialed in on the nutes. I would check your pH at runoff though. As far as your pots I use 5 gallon in flour. I can't tell from the picture but unless those are huge plants you don't need that big of a pot.

I think you'll be fine you're far enough into flower that you're going to get a good harvest. I would however prune those plants back.
ok I did some pruning then got reading a thread arguing whether to prune or not to prune in flower. Some say it’s the best thing for your buds promoting them to go into healing mode and take care of their buds for bloom while others say that the plant needs all the strength from those fan leaves and that removing them will decrease bud size I’ll admit that I can see where I could have done a better job pruning along the way and maybe took out some of those smaller buds on the bottom earlier to promote top bud growth. During the grow, I mainly tried to let in some light from the top only taking fan leaves that covered bud sites. I also removed everything under the scrog screen during the grow. This pruning, I removed quite a few more fan leaves making my garden look a little skimpy without the big fan leaves. There are still many light green small fan leaves and lower buds which the lights are now exposed to for their last 3 weeks of life. I’m hoping I didn’t take off to much. This is my first grow and every decision I make I worry about although feel way more comfortable that I’m learning along the way. Please take a look at my plants and tell me if you think I took out to much green at three weeks or so till harvest time. I tried to do a top and side view shot
B79A4999-41AC-4CF2-9DB3-F24109C895DB.jpeg
4A8C5A57-4726-4510-8880-E2C8EDC08CCF.jpeg
54E9E340-6439-45C6-8B0C-C673B0B46878.jpeg

it’s idiot proof , Good Thing LOL
1641563884690.png

Latest posts

Back