Phosphorus deficiency?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzkillz

Reaction score
is this a deficiency or toxicity? my ph is 6.3-6.8 using foxfarm from last grow mixed with some new stuff at transplant. using recharge and mammath p. i didn give them 1 ml liquid sea weed like last week

Attachments

• 20190520_151934.jpg
    20190520_151934.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 20190520_151937.jpg
    20190520_151937.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20190520_151944.jpg
    20190520_151944.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 91
  • 20190520_151952.jpg
    20190520_151952.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 79
the area that have the spots the worst seems be be turning yellow, and not the whole plant, is it just that the soil is finally used up ?

Attachments

• 20190520_151506.jpg
    20190520_151506.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 20190520_151521.jpg
    20190520_151521.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 68
I'm new to this, but have you looked at calcium deficiency? Maybe manganese too just going from the pics.

I suffered something similar recently.
I never did figure out what it was so I took them outside and totally leaches the pots out with plain well water. After drying out I took them back indoors where they recovered. ( no new yellow spotted leaves) And I finished the grow.

ime this is deficiency. Plants require a significantly higher concentration of ferts as they progress into flowering. Do not be afraid to feed them at this stage. What deficiency I could not tell but I would guess it is related to Mg, or Sulfur or both. adding more sulfur also boosts taste supposedly. I suggest you just up your feeding with a well balanced flowering fert

You need to start feeding your plants. Foxfarm only feeds for a few weeks--it is not meant to feed your plants their entire life and Recharge and Mammoth are not nutrients.

yea they just help with the intake. i gave them 5mls bio bloom and 2ml bio bud.

i like ocean forest but was thinking about trying promix, what do you think?

I never used Bio Bud and Bio Bloom by themselves without the rest of the additives (you know the whole General Organic box)....are they meant to be used alone? There were a lot of additives that I used with those 2--I can't imagine not using Cal-Mag during flowering. I found that I always needed to add Cal-Mag with GH products. Also, are you following a dosage recipe? Five ml and 2 ml doesn't seem like enough nutrient to my recollection.

I don't use either Fox Farm or Pro-Mix. I use an organic soil that I get from Home Depot from a company called Kellogg's. It has enough organic goodies in it to get plants started. I use it for the base soil when I make up super soil. It is a great light amended soil that I have had great luck with, both for cannabis and veggies in raised beds.

I thought you only should use cal mag if you use distill or ro water. The box calls for 10 ml bloom and 2.5 ml bio bud the only thing I left out was cal mag and the optional black diamond stuff

i tested the runoff and it was at 7.08, so i watered 1 at 6.0 and 1 at 6.2 tested runoff and it was 6.5 and 6.7. how bad will this hurt my yield and quality?

I use the GH organic line like THG does. I always follow the recommended application rates from GH and do use the CalMg up until the last couple of weeks. I do not use RO water. Just water out of the tap that I let sit out for a few days to (hopefully) let the chlorine evaporate. I have never had to use a pH meter when using the organic nutes though that bit me in the bum when I tried to switch to GH 3 part nutes. Got nute lockout like you read about. Good luck.

I find i need to add calmag with my tap water...it is pretty clean with a pm of about 27, last time I measured...easy enough I have a small pipette of the proper size and I just add one to each watering...I’ve been using a super easy nute called MegaCrop...you just mix it with water, ph and feed...but, it’s not organic and I’m gonna go fully organic this time outside and then perhaps inside in the fall...
I kinda thought that the pics look kinda like bugs though since it was all spots...seems like a deficiency would be more uniform but hey, I’m a beginner at this too...hope ya finger it out...!

Latest posts

Back