Photography anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosebud said:
What a treat to see those. Tell her they are beautiful. Do you have to dig the dahlias in winter like we do?

Thanks Rose- I'll tell her. Too much of a pain to save the tubers. Those she replants every year.

Had a little sharp Shinned hawk in the bird bath this morning, took these through the front window.

P1120031.JPG

P1120034.JPG

P1120037.JPG

"bump"..................anybody got any new pic's to share?? I really like ths thread :)

Hick, I am being flat out honest here . . . in a couple months, I will celebrate the 25th anniversary of my first successful harvest. A couple weeks ago, when I started a thread in General Indoor Growing (http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61710) I took the first, and I mean the very first pics, ever, of my plants . . .

. . . and I posted them.

Somehow, it was kinda liberating. I guess the risk of exposure, being cautious for the sake of security, and the threat of being labelled a criminal for doing what I love to do has made that unthinkable in the past . . . but I'm over that now.

I have enjoyed photography for years (even tho my present camera sux monkey ballz) and I agree with you . . . this is a good thread.

I just want to take a moment to thank you, and THG and KK too - and all the members who contribute - for the efforts that you all put into making this what it is . . . a place where we can come and freely share what, for some of us anyway, must remain a closely guarded secret as we go about our daily lives. It's really a pleasure that I'm very thankful to enjoy.

And yes, I will be taking and posting some more pics later on tonite:)

Peace !! :48:

Vegas 001.JPGVegas 006.JPGVegas 015.JPGVegas 020.JPGVegas 043.JPGVegas 062.JPGVegas 089.JPG

Here are some pics of my favorite place to visit, Las Vegas has a lot more to offer than gambling and nightlife! I've spent more time here than anywhere other than home, a friend owns a 2nd home here and I drive out as often as possible...which hasn't been but once in the last year or so!

Red Rock Canyon, a 13 mile loop touring several peaks just a few miles from the strip, has many areas designated to rock scrambling, climbing or just trail walking, tons of interesting and educating history to be found all through the massive park!

Wildlife can be found all over the park, even right off the drive! I've come face to face with a mountain lion one night while plodding back down the trail leading off the Mt Wilson climb...he wasn't happy to see us...saw a bighorn on my first climb (scramble....no ropes ever used, though there have been times I wished I had one).

There are tons of geocaches all through the park, some even hidden ayop the big peaks...Wilson, Bridge and Turtlehead each have one. We climbed Turtlehead once on our last trip out (my son and I)....and circled/scrambled the base and foothills on a 2nd cache hunt. There's soooo much out there, you could spend a month and not even scratch the surface!

I'll try to find some pics of our climb up Turtlehead (my son and I), I had pics from the top of Wilson and Bridge on my computer, but lost them due to comp failure...Wilson is tallest peak in RRC with Bridge being a close 2nd.

Didn't realize the camera could do this good on pics....

moon 023.JPGmoon 024.JPGmoon 025.JPGmoon 026.JPGmoon 027.JPGmoon 031.JPGmoon 032.JPGmoon 032-001.JPGmoon 032-002.JPGmoon 032-004.JPGmoon 033.JPG

These were taken tonight outside my back door with my Fuji Finepix sitting on it's tripod!

Cool piCs bro. I saw that moon last night too. Hear where I'm from it was big and orange. My Mother use to call it an indian Moon. She waS full blooded indian

Had to search to find this thread, wanted to share some pics from yesterday's fishing fun:

fishing 001.JPGfishing 004.JPGfishing 005.JPGfishing 006.JPGfishing 007.JPGfishing 008.JPGfishing 013.JPGfishing 020.JPGfishing 022.JPGfishing 022-001.JPGfishing 023.JPGfishing 023-001.JPG

The wind was from the east which, as any fisherman knows, means the fish bite the least. It was overcast with a front moving in, the conditions were against me...but as you'll figure out sooner or later, Roddy fishes regardless (when I first hurt my back, I was on the lake daily, all day). The northern was caught just after sunset, I was trolling back when he hit. It was an intense battle, he ran for the bottom, then danced, then back for the bottom, and me having very little line on the spool to spare (newb strung her up, I went through the short spool in 3 days)....I could see the knot a few times and visioned running out. After about 15 minutes of heavy battle, I had him close enough and didn't miss the chance to net him, another trip under the boat coulda been disaster (inflated pontoons and hooks likely not a good combo). I let him go, I practice catch and release unless they're walleye or salmon (this weekend...).

Going back out today, the wind is coming from the west, I believe.... :) :bolt:

Latest posts

Back