pics of my first grow. any comments please?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pop

Reaction score
hi. finally i have got pics of my plants at day 17. how do you think they are? the are about 6 to 8 inches now and i have just turned the cycle to 12/12 because i don't want monsters when they finish. have i done the right thing here at the right time or does anyone have any comments?

Untitled2 copy.jpg

Picture 003 copy.jpg

pop said:
hi. finally i have got pics of my plants at day 17. how do you think they are? the are about 6 to 8 inches now and i have just turned the cycle to 12/12 because i don't want monsters when they finish. have i done the right thing here at the right time or does anyone have any comments?
IMHO you should have waited until you seen alternating nodes before putting them into flower. Alternating nodes means the plant is mature and ready for flower. Other than that your babies are looking great. ;)

it wont make no difference will it? i can't change it back because it will stress them out. they are feminised seeds and i was told by femaleseeds.nl to grow for 17 days then flower or they will get too big because the strain grows big. will this do anything to the plants flowering too early

Well flowering before your plant is mature will give you less potent buds and less yield if i remember right. I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure i read that before but like you said there is no turning back now. I would see what a few other members say.

Lack of headroom or SOG should be the only reasos to flower a plant this early. So unless, you have 25 of these plants or less than 6-7 feet of headroom, then it's ok.

Although I'm not sure about potency, yield will definately be down.

Within the first 2-3 weeks of 12/12 your plants will most likely double in height. A good idea for short plants (and better light penetration) would be to LST them. Make them into little bushes with lots of branches (and buds).

Alternating nodes would indicate maturity and the ability to produce the nicer buds.

Physically, your plants loook very happy and healthy.

Good luck.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
IMHO you should have waited until you seen alternating nodes before putting them into flower. Alternating nodes means the plant is mature and ready for flower. Other than that your babies are looking great. ;)

If its only been a day could he not put it back to 18/6 without a problem?

What is the minimum amount of light that plants should get during veg stage? 18/6?

no it's just i have hardly any room and my neighbour who grows also is getting jealous and is threatening to report me to the cops so i want them done asap. then i shall bide my time till i can figure out what to do.

the minimum of light is 18/6 and i wish i could of let them go for another 2 weeks because it is just a waste flowering so early but i had to out of force not choice.

will i still get a good buzz from them tho and maybe a ounce of 1 plant lol? le

What do you mean your neighbour is getting jealous? If he is also growing, i doubt he would call leo on you. Any way the plants look good. And not to sound ignorant TBG, but what do you mean by alternating nodes?

I was under the impression the 3 - 4th week of veg is the most important?

If ur neighbour is jealous try helping him out.... if u can give information that increases that persons yield... i'm sure they'd be more happy with you.

well see he grows but he wrecked his seedlings and burnt them etc. i try to help but he is always drunk he lashes out. i had to physically chuck him out he came to close to my babies with a pair of scissors.

my plants are into flowering now so i can't change them now i just have to hope for the best now.

StOnEd-On-NL said:
And not to sound ignorant TBG, but what do you mean by alternating nodes?
OK you know how fan leaves grow side by side. One fan leaf on one side of the plant and another on the other side. When they alternate they will no longer be right across from each other. Let me see if i can get a pic.

81209.jpg

If your neighbor has been in your house with scissors, and has even mentioned the cops... then I would compost the plants, move, and keep your trap shut in your new house.

pinkrhoddie said:
If your neighbor has been in your house with scissors, and has even mentioned the cops... then I would compost the plants, move, and keep your trap shut in your new house.

I basically agree... even friends are sketchy... cuz u never know when a friendship might have a hiccup...

Latest posts

Back