Pic's of my first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotsman

Reaction score
Hi guys got round to taking pic's of my first grow some are a little on the small side, didnt go out to have a grow just happened i was given seeds and i was curious to see if i could grow them lol, i set up a make shift light sytems of 12 cfl bulbs and believe it or not a fish tank light lol but today i got a 400w and some free feed of the guy id like some help please, closet is 10ft tall by 4ft by 2ft roughly second hand 400w halide is just over 2ft away from plants should i move closer or further away? or is that ok, secondly im going to go 12/12 today i have been given nutrients half full bottles with the lights are they any good? on the pic's you will notice i have pc fans on airing holes on my closet door top fans pulling hot air out, bottom fans taking air into the closet not going to blow anything down but i reckon it all helps! and i had them in the shed so didnt cost me anything, i also made a DIY carbon filter helps a little with smell using 2 powerfull pc fans again on top of each other in a metal can with filter material and activated carbon i have put it in line with the light as close as i can get to the bulb hoping it will help pull away some heat i also have a large oscillating fan do you think i could have heat problems? or does this sound ok ?Ps im using soil and there is 7 plants in the grow any help and advice would be grt, next grow will be just 1/2 big plants this was just a learning curve thanks in advance.
(ionic for hydro grow & bloom ) ( optimum hydroponic nutrient solution )
(B,cuzz bloom stimulator) (B'cuzz hydro nutriion ) ( B'cuzz hydro booster )

007.JPG

008.JPG

011.JPG

010.JPG

013.JPG

That 400 will bring the Heat and my concern is the pc fans..that isnt going to draw the heat. when the light is on place your hand over the top of the plants..if its too hot for you its too hot for them..raise the light to were you can hold hand...the nutes ya ot Im not sure if good or not. How old was they from the guy?...Nice start my friend but think ya need some more exhaust up in there...maybe a fart fan..and how is the room for light leaks?..when its closed up and lights on....can ya see the light from the door?..cracks..ect...?..

break time:48:

I've heard that hydro nutes will work in soil but soil nutes won't work in hydro...
that's what I heard... don't recall where I heard it..
looks good though. in my experience, I had a 110cfm computer fan exhausting a 2x8x8 closet area and it worked well with the window cracked open for 12 hours a day.
:watchplant:

thanks for your input guys as for exhaust fans im putting money to the side as money is an issue for most of us lol, im looking to get a carbon filter with rhino fan for taking care of the heat and smell in about 3/4 weeks time and if i can afford it another rhino aka phat fan brining in more fresh air if funds allow it, if not i will just buy the carbon filter and vent out my bedroom window and use the computer fans for brining air into the grow room that would be 7 pc fans in total and a osillating fan and hope that is sufficiant, as for light there is a very small slither of light about 8 in long at both side at the bottom on the door i will have to take care of tomorrow but apart form that all is relatively good,as for teh hydro nutes thats a reason i posted as a complete newbi i know nout i have been using baby bio and tomato feed with ( blood meal ) & ( fish blood & bone ) mixed in miracle grow soil mixed with a grow bag soil for tomatos & vermiculite seems to be ok so dont fix wot aint broken lol i've been reading up online and gaining knowledge but i know nothing about nutes as for cracking a window the grow is in my bedroom in a built in airing closet and is about 8/9ft away from my window i have double window that will be open wide on the hotter days so should help to

I love my 400 watt almost as much as my 1kw. Nice grow space, bud. :)

thanks guy's one more ques! i know it's a bit early to tell sex but i od have 1 plant is showing white pistils look's like it could be female any thoughts?

scotsman said:
Hi guys got round to taking pic's of my first grow some are a little on the small side, didnt go out to have a grow just happened i was given seeds and i was curious to see if i could grow them lol, i set up a make shift light sytems of 12 cfl bulbs and believe it or not a fish tank light lol but today i got a 400w and some free feed of the guy id like some help please, closet is 10ft tall by 4ft by 2ft roughly second hand 400w halide is just over 2ft away from plants should i move closer or further away? or is that ok, secondly im going to go 12/12 today i have been given nutrients half full bottles with the lights are they any good? on the pic's you will notice i have pc fans on airing holes on my closet door top fans pulling hot air out, bottom fans taking air into the closet not going to blow anything down but i reckon it all helps! and i had them in the shed so didnt cost me anything, i also made a DIY carbon filter helps a little with smell using 2 powerfull pc fans again on top of each other in a metal can with filter material and activated carbon i have put it in line with the light as close as i can get to the bulb hoping it will help pull away some heat i also have a large oscillating fan do you think i could have heat problems? or does this sound ok ?Ps im using soil and there is 7 plants in the grow any help and advice would be grt, next grow will be just 1/2 big plants this was just a learning curve thanks in advance.
(ionic for hydro grow & bloom ) ( optimum hydroponic nutrient solution )
(B,cuzz bloom stimulator) (B'cuzz hydro nutriion ) ( B'cuzz hydro booster )

019.JPG

looks female to me. and a passive intake works wonders for a good bit of negative pressure.

Latest posts

Back