Pics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HippyInEngland

Smoke Free Zone.
Reaction score
Why is it that nobody can upload pics from their comp and only link pics in?

All pics linked in are from outside sources mostly Photobucket.

Click them at your own peril.

Disclosure to Governmental Entities
Photobucket.com may disclose specific contact information when we determine that such disclosure is necessary to comply with law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement or to protect the interests or safety of Photobucket.com

IP Address: Each time you visit the Site, we automatically collect your IP address and the web page from which you came. In order to administer and optimize the Site for you and to diagnose problems with our Site, we use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.

hXXp://photobucket.com/privacyPolicy

MP is laying WIDE open to members being tracked down.

What the hell is going on?

You have been warned.

:peace:

i posted pic in my journal like i always have and it worked fine. not sure why everyone's having problems.

Thanks for the info Slo :)

Are you uploading from your comp or from the gallery?

Neither work for me.

I would show you a pic of what I get my end.

But it wont let me :rofl:

Odd how some can do it and others can only link pics.

I remember you saying the old link you had for MP still worked and 99% of members who saved the link had a blank page.

Maybe you are a lucky beach and it all works as it did way back.

I hope life is treating you and yours well.

If you see embedded pics, right click and click 'inspect element'

(Chrome)

Giving it a test from mine HIE, think it worked. me just uploading the normal way.

Seems it just wont show the thumbnails, That was strait from my computer uploaded to here.

Doesnt seem to be happening to everyone. Have you tried a different browser? at what point is it stopping you?

View attachment Stoner-Yoda-marijuana-270203_494_293.jpg

Jericho.

Your pic is not embedded, it is a click to view jpeg.

The open pics we can view is the outside linked in so it seems.

HippyInEngland said:
Jericho.

Your pic is not embedded, it is a click to view jpeg.

The open pics we can view is the outside linked in so it seems.

The site will not embed pics for now. only store them and give you a link. The actual image is on MP server though. still safe just a pain until we upgrade the server again. We are running on basic at the moment and that doesnt seem to allow embedded pictures.

Also when a pic is linked from another site like photobucket it is a threat for the person uploading as the MP site copies the picture to its on server and the produces a link to it on our server, If we click to view the image then it wont be a problem for us as its on our server. The person uploading it how ever has just shown who they are on this site to photobucket who in turn could tell LEO

<< Going to try Jericho's suggestion.

chrome usually works perfectly normal.

Back in 5, going to try Mozzy firefox then my isp server.

You cannot ignore the threat being posted widely.

i did notice that the address for the picture was marpassion. im not sure why it let me post them a few days ago but not now. oh well the powers that be will figure it out at some point

I cant upload pics cause it says those pics are already loaded in a thread. :rolleyes: But they are not. I have no Attachments showing anywhere on this forum.;) .

WeedHopper said:
I cant upload pics cause it says those pics are already loaded in a thread. :rolleyes: But they are not. I have no Attachments showing anywhere on this forum.;) .

You can go to (User CP - Attachments), and see all your own attachments on the server. You can use the URL of the pic as an address for it in a new post in the "Manage Attachments" part of the post.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jericho again.

Not given any since before March 2010 but hey ho, I tried ;)

HippyInEngland said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jericho again.

Not given any since before March 2010 but hey ho, I tried ;)

Hehe yeh i tried to give to art and it wouldnt let me do it. Cheers all the same mate.

StoneyBud said:
You can go to (User CP - Attachments), and see all your own attachments on the server. You can use the URL of the pic as an address for it in a new post in the "Manage Attachments" part of the post.
I already did that. I have no attachments.

WeedHopper said:
I already did that. I have no attachments.
I've never run into the problem, but I'm told that vBulletin assigns a 32 bit filehash to each attachment that identifies it in the database. That filehash is created by using the file name, origin and other properties of the file and if another file with the identical filehash is attempted to be uploaded, it won't allow it. It doesn't matter who uploaded it.

That's the only thing I can think is happening to you. When your upload didn't work, did it give you a URL for the existing file? If it did, then you can use that URL in the attachments URL box and it'll put it in your post by using the existing copy.

Interesting.

Copy the link address by right clicking on it. Then open a new tab and paste the address into the address bar press return and that`s it. Because you go to the address directly there is no referer info.

The pics are on my Computer. There is no URL.
It says the pics are loaded,, and in a thread,,when I click on it it ,it says that that thread isnt valid anymore contact admin. Another words its showing an old thread with pics I had posted,,but those threads arnt there anymore.

Latest posts

Back