Pictures I hope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiskey Agogo

Hot Chick
Reaction score
I hope the pictures are attached

mj 002.jpg

mj 003.jpg

mj 004.jpg

mj 005.jpg

mj 007.jpg

Yup they are attached. ;) May i say your babies are looking great. Nice and compact just how ya want them. Great job mang keep it up. :aok:

Whiskey Agogo said:
I hope the pictures are attached

Okay I've been having ALL sorts of problems posting pics. FINALLY got a few to post (all the others kept saying the file was too large even tho I followed TBG instructions and switched the 100s to 25s :confused: ).

Anyway, here is what's up. The attached plants were only 3 weeks old as of last week, and for reasons beyond my control that I won't bore you with, I HAD to switch them to 12/12 prematurely. I thought I would be gone for 2 weeks, but it only turned out to be 1. So here is the question: these plants were on 24/0 the first 3 wks of life, then switched to 12/12 last week. Can I NOW switch them BACK to veg or should I continue flowering even tho they arent very big.

A few comments:

The first picture shows what I know is a cardinal sin of pot farming--I have 2 plants in 1 pot. I am a first time grower and planted all seeds 2 per pot at first, then separated them if both germinated. However, due to space limitations in my grow room, I couldn't split this one up. I was faced with a choice....pull one of the little sproutlets out and kill it, leaving 1....or let them both grow. It was like Sophie's choice for me, I couldn't decide which one to kill and was sure if I picked one, it would be the female. SO no need to lecture me, I know it was wrong. But if these turn out to be 1 male, 1 female and I pull out the male, will the 'male' roots that I'm sure are all entangled with my female roots create problems. Or should I just toss the whole thing out?

In pic #2, the small one on the right is a runt. Will this catch up or is it a lost cause?

BTW the rest of my crop is doing awesome. These are my problem children. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Anyone? Anyone??

Maybe my post was confusing, but the pictures above are 2 of my plants that I am concerned with. My other plants were 6 weeks old last week and I switched them to 12/12 (they were definitely mature with alt nodes and/or pre-flowers). Now they are huge and on there way.:)

Some of my plants were only 3 weeks old and due to some unexpected events I had to ALSO switch them to the 12/12. I KNOW it was too early to switch them but had no choice.

So the 2 plants pictured above were on 24/0 for 3 weeks, then switched to 12/12 last week. Do you think they are mature enough to get bud? Can you tell from the pics? If not should I switch them BACK to veg now that I am back in town and can tend to things properly?? Or will that just confuse them more?

If they do produce bud, do you think it will be a small yeild? Imo, (tho I'm a rookie) they look immature (at least compared to my others) but they still look healthy imo.

Also the 2 that are in the same pot....If they turn out to be 1 male/ 1 female and I chop down the male, will those male roots screw up my female??:cry:

Please advise....pretty please??? Where'd you go, TBG?

everything looks awesome man keep it up

just why question why did you put 2 in one pot

brouli said:
everything looks awesome man keep it up

just why question why did you put 2 in one pot

Hey thanks, Brouli. This is my first grow and I didn;t find this forum until AFTER I planted. Since then I have learned a lot by reading here.

I originally put 2 seeds in every pot because, being a rookie and not even being able to keep a house plant alive, I didn't think they would all take--I figured I'd maybe get a 50% germination rate since I didn't know *** I was doing. BUT Most of them germinated and I split them up into separate pots (thankfully I discovered this site shortly after they sprouted). But I ran out of space in my grow chamber so this one had to be split with one sacrificed or I could let them both grow. I went with plan B.

So what should I do now? Split them and trash one or wait until they show sex signs and go from there?

Also I have these flowering on a 12/12 for the past week. Do you think I'll get bud? They are both way smaller than the rest of my crop. I could return them to veg, but am worried that I'll stress them out and get hermies. What do you think I should do? :confused:

Whiskey Agogo said:
Anyone? Anyone??

Maybe my post was confusing, but the pictures above are 2 of my plants that I am concerned with. My other plants were 6 weeks old last week and I switched them to 12/12 (they were definitely mature with alt nodes and/or pre-flowers). Now they are huge and on there way.:)

Some of my plants were only 3 weeks old and due to some unexpected events I had to ALSO switch them to the 12/12. I KNOW it was too early to switch them but had no choice.

So the 2 plants pictured above were on 24/0 for 3 weeks, then switched to 12/12 last week. Do you think they are mature enough to get bud? Can you tell from the pics? If not should I switch them BACK to veg now that I am back in town and can tend to things properly?? Or will that just confuse them more?

If they do produce bud, do you think it will be a small yeild? Imo, (tho I'm a rookie) they look immature (at least compared to my others) but they still look healthy imo.

Also the 2 that are in the same pot....If they turn out to be 1 male/ 1 female and I chop down the male, will those male roots screw up my female??:cry:

Please advise....pretty please??? Where'd you go, TBG?

Hey those plants look pretty god for 3 weeks old. Mine were a lot smaller, tho I've seen some HUGE *** crop on this site. I would guess that you'll see some bud. Probably not a huge amount, but you should get some bud.

I dont think you can return them to veg or they could get way messed up.

Regarding the twinz---I would say split them up. If you really can't house both, just trash the lamer of the two.

I don't really know tho since I haven;t had much experience. You should probably get some advise from the more experienced growers here.

:yay: :bong1: hey whiskey agogo,(hope i got that right)you can return to veg after a week or so into flower.
Hick told me when i had a similar problem,wanting to "return to veg" i was 2wks into flower,Hick said yes you can do it,but the longer they remain in flower,the longer and more stress you put the plant under,which may cause the plant to hermaphrodite.however,it can be a good test of a females-feminimity and over all strenghth of the lady.
the longer you wait,the longer it will take to stabilize back to veg.
it may go a bit mutant for a while,but ill grow out of it.
i`m still a novice myself,but there is a great thread on the forum entitled "returning to veg" posted by me;) ,with some excelent feedback from the sort of dudes you want to hear from,Happy Growing m8...keep us updated. that thread i mentioned is in the history man

shuggy4105 said:
:yay: :bong1: hey whiskey agogo,(hope i got that right)you can return to veg after a week or so into flower.
Hick told me when i had a similar problem,wanting to "return to veg" i was 2wks into flower,Hick said yes you can do it,but the longer they remain in flower,the longer and more stress you put the plant under,which may cause the plant to hermaphrodite.however,it can be a good test of a females-feminimity and over all strenghth of the lady.
the longer you wait,the longer it will take to stabilize back to veg.
it may go a bit mutant for a while,but ill grow out of it.
i`m still a novice myself,but there is a great thread on the forum entitled "returning to veg" posted by me;) ,with some excelent feedback from the sort of dudes you want to hear from,Happy Growing m8...keep us updated. that thread i mentioned is in the history man

Hey thanks, Shuggy. I will check out that thread. I found the search feature here to be less than ideal ;) .

Anyway I'll check your thread out because I really want to hear the feedback from some of these highly experienced growers.

Thanks for the reply!

I wouldn't seperate your ladies this late in. As a rule you need a gallon for every foot of growth so if you have a 1 ft plant it needs a gallon pot. If anything I would just double it...2 gallons every ft. They look beautiful btw and good luck!

Latest posts

Back