pinched stem that blew out, what now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SensiStarFan

Reaction score
Hi all,
Never had this happen to me before, wondering what you guys think....

I pinch stems all the time to keep my plants shorter and bushier. I have never had any problems with it before. Where I pinch will form a lump in the stem and the plant will recover.
A couple months ago I got some seeds for a good Diesel strain and started growing them out. They are very stretchy and I have been pinching them like I usually do, but I guess I pinched one of them too hard when I went to take some clones because when the plant recovered it actually left a hole in the middle of the stem. If you look at the pics you can see where I pinched the stem and the hole formed. The last picture shows the whole plant and all the growth above the hole in the stem looks great. But I am worried that this might be a problem when I go to flower or if the plant gets too big the stem could split or something like that. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

SensiStarFan-
(EDIT: posted pics into thread instead of links)
View attachment blown-out 012.JPG View attachment blown-out 013.JPG View attachment blown-out 014.JPG

i've done the same thing. it'll be fine

It will heal just give it a little support if it needs it

Lolly pop sticks are great for a splint.

Latest posts

Back