pistils before 12/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkyelements

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has seen or would know why my two girls are both showing several pistils when they have been in 24 hr light for 4-5 weeks?

they are saying that they are sexually mature and showing you their sex...sounds like girls! min usually show by six weeks! do you see any balls?

stinkyelements said:
just wondering if anyone has seen or would know why my two girls are both showing several pistils when they have been in 24 hr light for 4-5 weeks?

Yeah it's called pre-flowers...they are letting you know their sex and that they are ready to start flowering when ever you flip to 12/12...congrats...

they will be pre flowers my friend its a way the plant will show you they are sexualy mature with out 12/12 you could now start to flower them hope this help

2Dog- No!!! Im so happy and exited, just so suprised with the trouble and stress ive had with them that they are showing nicely. I thought that i would have to put them in 18/6 before showing anything.

Also would you recommend 18/6 for a few weeks or directly to 12/12?

didnt realize to other had posted thats how slow i am at posting:rofl:

12/12 unless you want them to be really big then wait longer. They can get 2/3 bigger in flower..

stinkyelements said:
Also would you recommend 18/6 for a few weeks or directly to 12/12?

That depends on how much room you hve in your flowering area....the more you veg them the bigger your yield but also the bigger the grow space you will need...I usually start some lst on them and veg them for a bit...

Thanks fruity86, Haha me too.... And Thanks hamster for coming along this bumpy ride with me.

stinkyelements said:
Thanks fruity86, Haha me too.... And Thanks hamster for coming along this bumpy ride with me.

No problem Bro...it's always fun to watch someone start a grow...glad we cld help you get this far...now comes the fun part....flowering...:hubba:

2Dog said:
12/12 unless you want them to be really big then wait longer. They can get 2/3 bigger in flower..

Thanks 2dog for the quick replys and advise. do they really? I dont want them too big, well i do but my grow area isnt that big so i guess it depends on preference and capability.

dude if you look in my grow closet babies journal you will see just how big they get....OMG...I cant move my lights up anymore...

now you can always bend them or tie em if they get big.

Some strains just keep their flower motor runnin'... Most of my strains dont always show prominent pre-flowers but I've got a couple that are just itching to flower and always spit out a big V at every node...:cool:

Hamster- haha yea im a little nervous now, this should be fun.

Thanks for stopping in and input dirtyolsouth, nice.

Heres my grow room or my cabinet in my closet, and the girls!!!
I could open up the grow area but im only working on two and still trying to get a system down so i dont want to do too much changing.

Hockey and More 010.jpg

Hockey and More 009.jpg

I wld veg them longer and maybe start reading up on LST...it comes in real handy...I like to drill holes in the rim of the pot and use pipe cleaners to bend the branches over...

im starting to read up on that now, i will prob veg longer they still have room to work with, nice tips hamster

Should anyone ask where these pistils are located on the plant? Are they at the nodes by the stalk? If so, then good.

PencilHead- As far as i can see they are on the nodes from the main stalk for the most part...........

My main concerns now are controlling temps and rh during dark periods.

Good. No one had mentioned where.

What are temp and RH running?

Latest posts

Back