piznot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pot man27

Reaction score
Me and my buddy have been trying indoor growing all winter and have failed due to lack of good lighting, ive come to realize nothing is better then our earths natural light for a plant and im movin outdoors. Ive read that outdoors plants useually average almost a pound a plant is there any truth to this, is it worth the risk growing outdoors?

A. How much yield per plant outdoors?
That depends on numerous factors inc. strain and how well you prep the site and care for the plant(s).
My biggest yield so far in over 30 years of growing is just shy of 2 pounds on a 7.5' tall I-dom.
Mostly it's 8 oz--22 oz per.
Weather conditions have a lot to do with yield. One year we had a stretch of 2 weeks with daytime highs over 100F (plants don't grow when it's that hot). That was followed by 2 weeks of smoke from a distant fire that also cut yield by blocking sunlight.

B. Is it worth the risk?
Out in the woods there is little risk. Cops don't have the manpower to stake out remote grows. If they find your stuff they rip you off then leave.
And after a few trips, you'll be able to tell if anyone has been in the area recently, and your trusty dog will tell you if there's anyone nearby.
It means prepping the site--digging holes 3' x 3' and re-filling with potting soil--water & fertilizing AT LEAST 2x/week, preventing predation by herbivore's/pests/rippers.
Is it worth the risk? Last time I did a guerilla grow I harvested 12 pounds of sticky dank; you tell me.

P.S. I have been busted once (in nearly 40 years holy crap how did I get so old?) for cultivation and that was in my backyard in the city. (I eventually pled no contest to possession of over 1 oz., paid a $75 fine and 6 months summary probation.)

if i were you i would grow inside,it all depends on the strain ,so you can know the yeild.a good strain will get you 700 grams 28 grams in a ounze, 16 onzes in a pound
but youl probaly yeild between130-300 grams per plant,best to grow all at once .dont waste 3 months on a few plants you still taking the same risk,grow as many as you can. youl be happy with the yeild and grow more later on.it will last you ,a while ,espeacialy a pound

gqone. There are cut offs in some states on the amount that is being grown. Each state is different. I know if I keep mine under 5. I have a fine and probation. If I have 6 or more. I may be looking at jail time. 1 yr and it goes up from there. up to 25 yrs. It is all in what your willing to risk. Me fines and probation sound much better then 1 yr. Always check you states Norml chapter. They post the minimum and maximum sentences for each state. Always check that out before starting a grow. In a nut shell: If you can't do the time then don't do the crime. IMHO.

edit: on a further note. In my state (and most all other states) if within a certain distance from a school zone (drug-free zone) they crucify your ass. In my state that includes bus stops as well. Gives me shivers thinkin of what they have done to people with that.

dont waste 3 months on a few plants you still taking the same risk,grow as many as you can.
Some states do have higher penalties for higher numbers. I think NORML's page covers it.

25 years for a plant,that sucks,they say in my states,below 30 plants is 6 months,100 plants a year to a year and a half,under a thousand 6 years

Latest posts

Back