Plant bounce back indicator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGBSkunky

Reaction score
I was listening to some creedence I had not heard in years while I cut 1/3 of the fan leaves off. I am two weeks into flowering and as I was trimming I just kinda locked on the songs and before you know it over 90% of my fan leaves are gone. So now I wait to see how bad it’s going to be. The good thing is they are radically healthy to the point that my leaves don’t rise and fall with the light cycle.

So with all the fan leaves gone respiration for the plant dropped to around 57% with my exhaust on one where normally I have to fight for 62%. Today I am fighting to keep it at 60%

I think, at least for what I am doing, I found an indicator that tells me when the plant comes out of shock as the plant is now expelling water into the tent close to previous levels minus the majority of leaves.

I was listening to some creedence I had not heard in years while I cut 1/3 of the fan leaves off. I am two weeks into flowering and as I was trimming I just kinda locked on the songs and before you know it over 90% of my fan leaves are gone. So now I wait to see how bad it’s going to be. The good thing is they are radically healthy to the point that my leaves don’t rise and fall with the light cycle.

So with all the fan leaves gone respiration for the plant dropped to around 57% with my exhaust on one where normally I have to fight for 62%. Today I am fighting to keep it at 60%

I think, at least for what I am doing, I found an indicator that tells me when the plant comes out of shock as the plant is now expelling water into the tent close to previous levels minus the majority of leaves.
That’s a funny story you stoner. 😁. I think you will be ok just Don’t do anything else to them drastic for a bit.

There is a Rastafarian that does that. He gets huge buds. Says he is growing buds not fan leaves.
I actually cut all the big leaves off about 2 weeks before harvest. My buds get all the light they need for photosynthesis. Never had a problem.
Pulling up a chair. Where's the pictures?

I have heard of this being done before but not in a long time. Hopper is onto something....be interesting to see what happens. Keep us informed.

I can't remember that Rastafarians name but he grew some huge fking buds. If I remember correctly he didn't trim fan leaves off until his buds were forming good. Then he trimmed everything but the sugar leaves. I've seen his grows and he wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't growing fan leaves. It's my understanding that once your buds are forming good they will take in all the light they need and the bud doesn't get shaded at all from the light that it needs.
Fruit does the same thing. That's why tomato plants doesn't need a lot of leaves to get big fruit.
I know my buds seemed to get more frost and swell up more when I trim all the fan leaves off a few weeks before harvest.

There is a Rastafarian that does that. He gets huge buds. Says he is growing buds not fan leaves.
I actually cut all the big leaves off about 2 weeks before harvest. My buds get all the light they need for photosynthesis. Never had a problem.
Pulling up a chair. Where's the pictures?
I’ve seen that guy on YouTube

I bet it's the same guy. If you find a link please share it.

I hope Subbie finds the guy again. He was a great grower. I haven't seen him in a few yrs. I could have sworn I seen a link here a few yrs ago.

I should include pictures so you can get a visual. Before and after photos. The runt on the bottom left is sour diesel and the plant on the far right is northern lights got sandwiched but you can easily pick out the two queens White Widow in the back and Gorilla Skittles in the front. Another week and I may super crop

Attachments

• IMG_1270.jpeg
    IMG_1270.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1273.jpeg
    IMG_1273.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Yeah I never trimmed off that much before the buds were formed but they should be fine.

Last edited:
I should include pictures so you can get a visual. Before and after photos. The runt on the bottom left is sour diesel and the plant on the far right is northern lights got sandwiched but you can easily pick out the two queens White Widow in the back and Gorilla Skittles in the front. Another week and I may super crop
Those plants are healthy and gonna be fine. Nice canopy of fan leaves.....I think they are gonna be killer. 🍿

Those plants are healthy and gonna be fine. Nice canopy of fan leaves.....I think they are gonna be killer. 🍿
It appears you are correct. I would not have cut this much at one time but now that I see what’s going on I may always do this when combined with auto watering. Tons of new growth my leaves never drooped etc. Just leaped into new growth immediately. I am a little wowed

Attachments

• IMG_1276.jpeg
    IMG_1276.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
I hope Subbie finds the guy again. He was a great grower. I haven't seen him in a few yrs. I could have sworn I seen a link here a few yrs ago.
i couldn’t find him. I’m pretty sure I saw him on YouTube but couldn’t find the guy.
i guess the process of removing all the fan leaves for A bountiful harvest is called schwazzing but I’m not to sure I’m ready to try it yet…

i couldn’t find him. I’m pretty sure I saw him on YouTube but couldn’t find the guy.
i guess the process of removing all the fan leaves for A bountiful harvest is called schwazzing but I’m not to sure I’m ready to try it yet…
So…if this works will I be known forever as the Schwazzanator?

Latest posts

Back