plant height

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgbaker

Reaction score
so, I am 31 days into my veg cycle with a 1000 watt mh bulb and i would like my plants to gain some height. my question is, if i switch over to my hps bulb for the next 10-14 days will this make my plants grow taller?

of course they will. plants double or more in size in flowering

yup, the flip to 12/12 will trigger a growth spurt that can double or MORE (sativa = MORE!) the total height of your plant.

pinching or other forms of LST can help keep this to a minimum if that will become a problem, but they WILL grow "some" FOR SURE!

:48:

PS
its the 12/12 time not so much the MH vs HPS bulb that makes it bloom/flower

PPS
assuming you know all that, and you just want to trigger a growth spurt before the normal flower growth...
dim your light or pull it waaay up and make them stretch...?

thanks for the info. i only have 4 plants and i want them to be as big as possible (obviously) lol...in the past, i havent gained a lot of height after the switch to flower cycle.....i will try raising the light though....
growing weed is definitely an exercise in patience....thanks to this site and all it's great contributors i have and am learning a lot....

by placing the light farther, you are promoting stretching and not growth. That stretching will be counterproductive for you. Take into account how much they should grow in flowering and start flowering accordingly, if you let them grow too much before, they will outgrow your area and light, which is also counterproductive

so, I am 31 days into my veg cycle with a 1000 watt mh bulb and i would like my plants to gain some height. my question is, if i switch over to my hps bulb for the next 10-14 days will this make my plants grow taller?

most growers that grow big plants will veg for 60. it will give you plants time to become of age. and to fill you grow space. as well as light distance and pot size will play a role to. now the pics are before and after the plant in the back 60 the full 60 veg time compared to the ones in front that only got 30days

View attachment 006.jpg

View attachment 177.jpg

thanks for the info. i only have 4 plants and i want them to be as big as possible (obviously) lol...in the past, i havent gained a lot of height after the switch to flower cycle.....i will try raising the light though....
growing weed is definitely an exercise in patience....thanks to this site and all it's great contributors i have and am learning a lot....

i gain a ton of height after flip. 2x to 3x depending on strain. what u growing bud??

nice! a great short plant. gonna get sour dsl. seeds soon. last time i looked on "single seed centre', they had 3 or 4 breeders that listed 3 or 4 different sets of parents(genetics), yet they all sold it as sour dsl.?? may try all of them (all called sour dsl) to find the best parents. bet they"re all great (and short). i most always flip by week 5 but maybe u could go 60 days?? goodluck!

I have two of the exact same plant which are AK-47.. growing under the same light in the same soil with the same nutrients in different pots of course.. and they are autoflower.. so I was checking on them and realize that one has hit the flower growth spurt and the other one has not help will be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20211109_115136041_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211109_115136041_HDR.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 10
Why dont you start your own thread. This is a very old thread.

just add some cal-mag and watch them triple in size!

Latest posts

Back