Plant hights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Death from above

Reaction score
I am new to this site so forgive me if i did'nt post this in the right place. BUT Someone on here said Indica will not grow 5ft indoors.Well listen I have a 400 HPS started budding 12/12 when plants at 1ft tall .started4/24 now its 5/21 my ladys are 5ft tall I use Eleanor's VF-11 water every other day. and goats **** when i fist planted .Top them so they would'nt grow tall. nothing else at all .But I do use mirrows even though the so called experts say not too. The sky is the limit.:D soon as i learn how to post pictures I will.

LMFAO,,,,Dude! thats Funny! 4ft in 30days!! I got a great ocean front condo for sale in Arizona, if your interested in a beach view!?! It even snows so pretty the snow on the beach! LOL! Yippi Yiee Aaaa!

With out pics I would say your mirrors are reflecting the light on the bottom of the leaves and causing the plants to stretch and you keeping the light more than 18" from the top.

Any mj plant has the ability to grow to 5+feet don't matter the genetic back ground.

ozzydiodude said:
With out pics I would say your mirrors are reflecting the light on the bottom of the leaves and causing the plants to stretch and you keeping the light more than 18" from the top.

Any mj plant has the ability to grow to 5+feet don't matter the genetic back ground.

Bro,,4ft in 30 days!! Is what he said! Really Come on,,, ON a 400 hps!!! OK,,,still LMFAO,,,, NEVER will you get 4ft of growth in 30 days under a lame *** 400hps! Sorry I don't think that is possible even if it had a ft between nodes... If it it did I bet that is one Funny looking plant!! LOL

I'm just saying it could be possible. You take a plant that you have just flipped to 12/12 it is going to stretch naturally(hormonal). You keep the light farther away causing it to stretch for light(stress) at the same time it is doing it's normal stretch and it could be possible to cause the plant to be 5 ft tall.

Some serious stretch there for sure.

We all know a 400 won't provide enough light to flower a 5 footer effectively but I wouldn't call it lame. It would be effective for maybe 10sqft max with a few 2-3 footers and I'm sure some people do more than that with them.

I've seen an inch of growth per day before so I would imagine if somebody grew a plant for height only 48" in a month might be possible. I wouldn't be happy if my plants stretched like that though. My room is full with 12 30-40 inchers. . .

kiksroks said:
Some serious stretch there for sure.

We all know a 400 won't provide enough light to flower a 5 footer effectively but I wouldn't call it lame. It would be effective for maybe 10sqft max with a few 2-3 footers and I'm sure some people do more than that with them.

I've seen an inch of growth per day before so I would imagine if somebody grew a plant for height only 48" in a month might be possible. I wouldn't be happy if my plants stretched like that though. My room is full with 12 30-40 inchers. . .

Ya your right not lame but not capable of that. I have a 2 1/2ft x10 ft closet I use for flower with two 600s and a 400 in the middle. 10 to 12, 30-40 inchers is full up too! Even if the closet was bigger I think 12 is about the limits for good Quality Meds. I grow alot of Sour-d and it is a damm stretchy strain and I still can't imagine what that guy said.:hubba:

ozzydiodude said:
I'm just saying it could be possible. You take a plant that you have just flipped to 12/12 it is going to stretch naturally(hormonal). You keep the light farther away causing it to stretch for light(stress) at the same time it is doing it's normal stretch and it could be possible to cause the plant to be 5 ft tall.

lol it sure would be a funny looking plant!! Hey remember Charlie Browns Christmas tree lol ;)

ozzydiodude said:

'Absolutely!'.... weak or insufficient lighting 'promotes' stretching as will the 'refracted' light from the .."mirrows"(mirrors). And as long as the plants are receiving it from 'above', they will grow/stretch to reach it.

I am new to this site so forgive me if i did'nt post this in the right place. BUT Someone on here said Indica will not grow 5ft indoors.Well listen I have a 400 HPS started budding 12/12 when plants at 1ft tall .started4/24 now its 5/21 my ladys are 5ft tall I use Eleanor's VF-11 water every other day. and goats **** when i fist planted .Top them so they would'nt grow tall. nothing else at all .But I do use mirrows even though the so called experts say not too. The sky is the limit.:D soon as i learn how to post pictures I will.
DFA.... I think you are probably confusing "stretch" and "growth". Long spaces between branches/leaves/nodes is NOT 'desirable' growth. Mirrors are NOT "good" reflectors of light. "As the experts said"
" I have a 400 HPS"... how far from the canopy are you running it? The further away from the light source, the weaker the light. The weaker the light, the more stretching is promoted.
"
started budding 12/12 when plants at 1ft tall".... How old were they at that point? Were they "sexually mature" when you switched to 12/12? Trying to "force" flowering before they are "ready" will promote stretching.
"I do use mirrows".... well,....:confused2: yet another stretch promoting mistake.

Rather than try to prove the experts wrong, "IMHO", listening to them, will prove more productive for you. They aren't called experts, because they don't know what they are talking about. They aren't just mumbling crap, they are repeating, reinforcing, proven facts.

edit:
upon review, I may sound berating, but it isn't my intention.

Math: 27 days/ 48" growth = 1.77 inches per day continuously. Hmmmmmm.

First of all, this might not be an Indica. What strain is it and where did you get the seeds?

Second of all, like mentioned, stretch is not growth. I am guessing that we are going to see a sparse plant with huge internodal spaces when (and if) he posts a picture.

Third, using mirrors robbed you of light. You can argue with us if you want, but mirrors do not reflect well and that is a proven fact not really open for interpretation.

Latest posts

Back