Plant Markers/Tags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High

Reaction score
What do you guys use to mark your babies?

I cut a solo cup up in strips and put the name on with a sharpy.

Barcode them labels Hack. Store em in the cloud!

i use paper tape around the stem leave it loose

Labels, labels, labels. LOL

And, if you're extra OCD, you can use labels AND plant markers with labels. LOL

Dude! Hackerman, you've got one hell of a redundant system there. Nice.

indoor; simple masking tape
outdoor; strips of plastic -like ice cream lids- i cut and mark with sharpie (tape falls off/fades OD)

potted plants get blue painters tape stuck to the pot with description written with a black sharpie

best markers imo are nursery tags marked with black marker. place loosely around base or a lower limb. will still be there for many years or when u chop. cost bout a penny. 3 cents on amazon. comes in several sizes. i like the large.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400782989835?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

ding! ding! ding! YAY! Grasshopper. I'm glad I read to the end of the thread, I ALWAYS lose or mix up the labels when transplanting, ALWAYS!
Tried pipe cleaners wrapped around stem but these are PERFECT!
hmmmm how do you handle the first few weeks?

ding! ding! ding! YAY! Grasshopper. I'm glad I read to the end of the thread, I ALWAYS lose or mix up the labels when transplanting, ALWAYS!
Tried pipe cleaners wrapped around stem but these are PERFECT!
hmmmm how do you handle the first few weeks?

plant name on masking tape stuck on outside of solo cup and/or 9 by 9 pots. switch to nursery tags in tent and or outdoor grow. these tags come in handy for other markings around home.

Nice idea...and the colors:)
Thanks Hopper..

And they say weed makes you stoopid. Great idea grasshopper!

thank you guys! have been buying these from my local nursery for a penny ea. they buy in bulk. in the tent, i hang from the handle on 5 gal. smrt pots after chop, tent or o.d., i use them on drying strings to keep varieties separate. after final trim and jar, can tape (trimmed) nursery tag to outside of jar. :)

Latest posts

Back