Plant music

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wereclown

Reaction score
Hey, I was just thinking... if plants react that well to light, would it be far fetched to think that they would react to sound vibrations? Say... some kind of music they'd be likely to like?

Dude a grow aint a grow with out Alis cooper nites and the constant flow of classic rock... Find a radio and good rock station and let'm jam out...Hell, ya know what I do man, I hangout with the girls about 10 minutes after the light goes out and just chill, jam to some tunes on the mellow and give em a good watering and a bong hit or two...mist em down and call it a nite....yeah, but the music always on...

A good friend of mine, from back in the day, known only as "crackhead" lol, was a serious grower, not really a crackhead obviously lol..

He used to play mellow jazz and jazz based hip hop to his plants, amongst other caring techniques and grew awesome ak / g-13. It makes sense to me, everything living is effected by harmonics way past the edge of hearing, so it stands to reason plants can benifit.. right?

well, I moved the seeds in a glass of water from near a radiator to next to TV. Should be warm enough and they will get loaded with good vibes, they'll get to grow with good music. I love jazz. I'd say this is the kind of stuff they should get. But, like I like saying, plants are live beings. They'll develop their own taste.:)

Maybe... they could hear some sci fi or just science channels? Haha. Unlikely they'd understand it. But, what do I know about the deep psyche of plants or how it works?

It makes a big difference, I use Meditive music on mine, sometimes some Middle Eastern Music.

This was on Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel I believe. It actually produced one of the better "REAL" tomato plants that they used in the experiment... I'll check websites for a possible link....

yeah i have 5 cds on a continuous cycle.
pink floyed~dark side of the moon
sublime~detox
bad company~bad company
aerosmith~greatest hits
3 doors down~better life

One plant that responds to sound-induced vibration is Mimosa pudica, also known as the "sensitive plant." Vibrations induce electrical signals across the leaflets of this plant, and cells at the base of the leaflets respond to these action potentials osmotically. This response results in a sharp change in the turgor pressure in these pulvinus cells, and that pressure change, in turn, results in the folding of the blade at the pulvinus. Another pulvinus at the base of the petiole may also respond if the vibration is severe enough. This kind of response is known as seismonasty. How would this plant respond in terms of growth if its leaves were kept closed by constant vibration? If you think very long about photosynthesis in leaves as the driving force for growth, you will realize that continuous leaflet closure would inhibit rather than stimulate the growth of the plant. Indeed loud sounds (vibrations really) have been reported to negatively impact plant growth. But I could be wrong, because there is no actual report or scientific study in relations of botanic enrichment due to sound. Just keep in mind that your plants can and will benifit off of this. I like to call this process EVS(electronic vibration showers). Stimulates the moving flow of Nitrogen in the plants system. Thus preping factors of which create C21,H30,O2 (THC).

LOL this is great i was thinking about doing this my girl friend say i should play some classical music in the grow room.. i was sure if people really did it or not , but yeah , i think ill play some classic rock in the day for them and some classical when its time to turn the lights out.... i always play play classical music when im going to bed , its reall relaxing

Ray Charles smoked it, Marijuana listened to it.....They were both blind.

Wow, a lot of interesting replies. THCS, what kind of sound is EVS? What would stimulate that? And I'm hoping soft music won't get the leaves to curl up - they do get less light that way. The more spread out and open they are, the more they get to live.

EVS is the process in general of playing music or vibrations to your plant. And yes your correct aobut the leaf theorum. but then again with proper humidity, you should'nt have to worry about this right?

EVS embedded the pulsed 5,000 hertz sound, which resembles giant cricket sounds, in tapes of Baroque and other music. playing this "dinner music" for plants, then sprayed them with nutrients. The music helped plants absorb nutrients with 700 percent efficiency. They sprung up with a 99 percent growth increase. A four-and-a-half-inch purple passion plant, whose normal size is about eighteen inches, treated with EVS dinner music and nutrients for two and a half years grew 1,400 feet long, and right into the Guinness Book of World Records. Carlson's musical "fertilizer" also transformed farms having severely depleted soil. Harvests increased twenty-fivefold. EVS gotten five-to-one acceleration in crop production.

Latest posts

Back