Plant Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlin_88

WAKE UP
Reaction score
So I have 6 plants growing, 4 of which are looking excellent. The other 2 have some deformed leaves on them and aren't growing as well. Is there any way that I can help these other two plants grow better. The leaves are an almost oval shape with rough edges. It has been raining quite a bit here lately and I think they may be getting too much water. Any advice would be appreciated.

They are about 2 weeks old and they are in pots roughly 6-7 in. in diameter. They are growing outside.

I am using some potting soil from a garden outside my house. I have them planted in buckets with about 7-10 small holes punched in the bottom and rocks lining the bottom.

Sounds like too much water from the rain, it is also time to start feeding them, can you post any pictures?
its best to grow them in potting soil, not just mug from a garden, mud from a garden does not allow enough oxygen to the root system

I will try to get some pics up soon. They are about 6-7 inches tall but still just have two leaves on them with another set growing inside those two. Also the stems look pretty weak. Are you sure I should start giving them ferts already? Also it is potting soil that they there in. Hope to have pics up soon.

When is a good time to think about topping them?

wait a month before topping, you need several sets of leaves before topping, is the potting soil your using pre nuted? (has added nutrients) if the stems are long and spindley then that is caused by lack of light, the first leaves MJ produce are oval the next set are jagged edged the next leaves are true MJ leaves

I wait and top around the 5th or 6th set of leaves on outdoor plants. I would hold off on the nutes for another two or three weeks also. They will be just fine for a while. The stretch is from lack of light. When you transplant, bury all the extra stem up to the first set of starter leaves. I figure your plants will be just fine. They are tough and can take some abuse. Do you have any pictures? Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

thank you guys so much for your help. I have more seeds germinating now and i bought a bag of expert potting soil that says it feeds up to nine months. I also got the miracle grow singles for when i water my plants later in there development. I was thinking about gettin some miracle grow bloom booster when the plant starts to produce buds is this a good idea?

Also is transplanting the plants absolutely necessarry? Can't I grow short bushy plants in pots?

Latest posts

Back