Plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngbrotito

Reaction score
I have a 3 month old plant that is about 3 feet tall and was grown outside for 2 1/2 months and inside the last half month. For some reason the leaves are only growing on the top foot of the plant but are fairly big, it is a female plant.... what does this mean and how can I make it move down.

youngbrotito said:
I have a 3 month old plant that is about 3 feet tall and was grown outside for 2 1/2 months and inside the last half month. For some reason the leaves are only growing on the top foot of the plant but are fairly big, it is a female plant.... what does this mean and how can I make it move down.
The only way you can tell if it's a male or female plant is the male plant will have balls and the female will have white hairs. Do you have any leaves on the bottom part of the plant? Do you have any pics?

I do have picture's but I dont know how to send them on this deal.... There are super small leave sprouts coming out of the side down low..... they look like the begining of the plant when it first sprouts

Here's a picture of the top, the bottem has small leave's beginging to sprout that look like the ones on the top of the sprout when it first pop's out of the dirt....

Green machine.jpg

Do you have your plant under any lights right now since you brought it in the house? IMO if you had it outside it should have shown sex by now. Do you see any white hairs or balls on the plant? The more light your plant gets the bigger, bushier, and better it will be.

It sure sounds like the plant is starved for light...the lower leaves, in particular, aren't getting nearly the amount of light they were getting outdoors.

You didn't mention what kind of lighting you're using, but unless it's a high quality source, like HPS (High Pressure Sodium) or a Halide, the plant will continue to suffer the loss of lower leaves. It may also be going through an adaptive process, responding to the shock of being moved indoors...but I still question your lighting. It's a familiar problem for indoor growers with insufficient lighting, regardless of the sex of the plant.

It's not that my plant is losing the leaves on the bottem, they just have never grown there.... even sense it has been outsided and then moved to inside there is still no growth in the bottem leaves.... There are white hairs on almost every stem of the leave's and that means that its a female, but how long untill I can actually harvest the bud?

harvest time can vary between 6 to 14 weeks of flower. should go by the color of the trics to determine when the right time to harvest is.

Latest posts

Back