plantguys plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plantguy212

Reaction score
closet size is 64 inches high 44inches wide, have right temp @ 80 .

1. 25 watt plant and aquarium light
1. 150 watt flood light to keep temp @ 80
2. 150 watt cfl's
8 plants in all all in pint wonton soup bowls lol soon to be changed to 3 gallon pots.
3 plants topped off

my question is? is it ok to have large gaps on the stem between sets of leaves?
i am running a 18 hour light on 6 off. and can i change the light cycle by leaving it on 24 hours with out putting them into shock or harm?

plant3.jpg

plant2.jpg

plant1.jpg

oh n almost forgot i am a first time grower so i can use all the advise i can get. did as much home work as i can before starting but those are my results...

you have a nute thing happening. You need to get those out of the clear containers and in a bigger medium, their final home wouldn't be bad. Roots and light don't mix. Info on your grow would be helpful, strain, nutes, soil, etc. Going 24/0 from 18/6 shouldn't stress them out to much in the younger stages. Gl buddy!

thanks will do next time just first time on this thing n couldnt figure out how too.

plantguy212 said:
closet size is 64 inches high 44inches wide, have right temp @ 80 .

1. 25 watt plant and aquarium light
1. 150 watt flood light to keep temp @ 80
2. 150 watt cfl's
8 plants in all all in pint wonton soup bowls lol soon to be changed to 3 gallon pots.
3 plants topped off

my question is? is it ok to have large gaps on the stem between sets of leaves?
i am running a 18 hour light on 6 off. and can i change the light cycle by leaving it on 24 hours with out putting them into shock or harm?

The answer to your question is that you do not want large gaps between the sets of leaves. When this happens, it is generally because of inadequate lighting and that is your case. You are seriously underlit for the space you are using and 80F is warmer than you want it. Get that flood light out of there and get a light in there that will do some good. While I understand that you are using the light for heat (you do not need as much heat as you have), you could be using a light that puts out heat and is also beneficial to your plants--that one isn't. It is like wasted wattage.

Lighting is all about lumens and spectrum. Is that CFL an actual 150W or a 150W equivalent? What are the lumens? What is the spectrum? You need 5000 lumens per sq foot for good flowering results. You also need ventilation in that space. The air needs to be exchanged on a regular basis to insure that your plants get enough CO2. Just to give you an idea. I have a space that is almost identical in sq footage. I am running a 1000W HPS in that space and will soon be changing to 2 600W HPS.

You can change to 24/7 without any problem. I recommend vegging at 24/7. Your plants will grow all the time they have light. Marijuana does not need a dark period.

well as far as ventilation wise i usually leave the door open goddess and i am looking to put some type of fans in it just thinking on what type should i use? and what about super cropping ? i pinched 2 of the plants like i saw and read and it looks like its doing well.. i topped off 3 plants and they are looking fuller now. the cfl's are equivalent to 150 a piece. any cool ideas on making a proper lighting system since you have pretty much the same space that im using? and thanks a million to the chef he is a great helping hand!!! big props to him

Yw, forgot about this thread, i think what THG is asking is look on your bulb ballast or base it will give you the info.

plantguy212 said:
well as far as ventilation wise i usually leave the door open goddess and i am looking to put some type of fans in it just thinking on what type should i use? and what about super cropping ? i pinched 2 of the plants like i saw and read and it looks like its doing well.. i topped off 3 plants and they are looking fuller now. the cfl's are equivalent to 150 a piece. any cool ideas on making a proper lighting system since you have pretty much the same space that im using? and thanks a million to the chef he is a great helping hand!!! big props to him

I want to start by saying that I am going on the assumption that your space is 64 x 44 (that when you said height, you meant length). If this is not correct, anything that follows does not apply :rolleyes:

The lighting you have is just a drop in the bucket compared to what you are going to need if you keep your space that large (almost 20 sq ft). You are also going to need some serious ventilation. Setting up a grow for a space that size costs a chunk of money if it is done right and takes a lot of study, research, and homework--you have a lot to learn. :D

The equivalent wattage is immaterial when we are talking about growing. Your lights are probably 42W 2600-2800 lumens. The aquarium light is probably adding so little as to be insignificant. The heat light does not put out any light that the plant can use. So, you have 5200-5600 lumens, enough light for a little over 1 sq ft. I run a 1000W HPS (140,000 lumens) in a 6.5' x 3' space and am going to switch out to 2 600W (187,000 lumens) when my current girls are finished flowering.

You will probably need at least 2 inline fans (serious fans 400cfm or more) and an oscillating fan of some kind to adequately cool adequate lighting and to provide enough CO2 for the plants. You will probably need a carbon filter to filter the exhaust.

Supercropping and topping are good techniques to use when using fluoros.

ok the closet is like 5 1/2 feet tall and 3 1/2 feet wide im not sure if that helps but as far as money its cool i want to get this done right. not only for the ones i have now but for future purpose. im thinking about using hydroponics later on rather than soil so i will be keeping up on ur post goddess.

well was doing some home work and spoke to some people and i was told that an led light tent would be great to make the leaves grow in between my sets so i will be making this today and send pictures on it .. should be cool.. they say it dont burn the plants can put them in between and rap them like its a christmas tree. well wish me luck will update.

Perrty freakin wild brother. What kina wattage/lumens you getting?

from what i was told that should give me 20,000 lumens from that crazy right but lets see if it works?

question? i was told i should put some red ones in it to make it a little better but not sure of it? any suggestions any body?

Blues fer veggin, reds fer flowering. Now a combo of both doesn't ir shouldn't hurt at all. I use both fer auto's with awsome results.

you lost me on that one lol. so you think i should put both of them on then?

well that light panel cant hurt I dont think its going to be the cure all, for flowering your going to need more than that.

Min 400 watt HPS if you want some nice bud in that space.

Are those some sort of Christmas tree LED'S?

those aren't going to do much at all.

Latest posts

Back