Planting Freshly Germinated Seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DillaWilla

Reaction score
When I plant my freshly germinated seeds how wet should the initial soil be and how often should I water them until they sprout? I am using medium sized Jiffy Pots that I will plant into their permanent homes once they sprout. I guess a better question is how long should it take them to sprout? I am using a 400 watt MH with a full spectrum light for my seedling and vegging stage. Any help is great.

*********Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Any definitive answer of this would be great! Right know I am assuming 2-3 with no sprout is too long, is this right? Your help is appreciated!

*********Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

The damper the soil is when you plant seedlings the slower the root system spreads..and vice versa the drier the soil the faster the root system takes hold as it searches for water..

That being said, have your inital soil damp, but at the same time you want the root system to develop so the plant is strong so after you plant em and water give it a day or two before you do again so the root has time to grow.

When I germinate seeds, I do so unitl the seed has sprouted well before I plant, so in essence I really go from seed to sprout before I plant the only thing about my way is that you cannot allow the seeds to get to close to each other so the roots dont intertwine and you need to plant them as soon as you notice the sprout leaves (the oval looking ones) so they can breathe and take in light.

Hope this helps, and happy farming:

Smokes

Latest posts

Back