Planting seeds in rocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unix

Reaction score
Hey, Just a question if you are growing hydro and you have seeds do you just poke a hole in the rocks and put the seed in there or do you have to add a bit of soil to the rocks??
Thanks

this is what i do..i put the seeds on cups with soil and let them grow for like 2 to 3 weeks and then i trasplant them to the containers with rocks...also they are this thing call starters that u can use to start from seeds..i doubt that poking a hole would work..

I germ the seeds and put them in a plastic cup with holes in the bottom and filled with perlite. plant the seed just below the surface and water it. Let the water drain out the holes in the bottom then sit the cup in a larger cup with about 1/4" water in the bottom. This will keep the seedling moist and let it grow lots of roots. After the roots are established, you can submerge the whole cup slowly into the water completely and the perlite and plant will float out. You then have plenty of roots to support the plant in the rocks. Keep the rocks moist til roots hang out the bottom of the net pot (if thats what your usin).

Latest posts

Back