Plants are curling and yellowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashatigerlily

Reaction score
Hey y’all! So my hydroponic plants have been going through a spell of root rot,brown and slimy roots. My local hydroponic store guy suggested I use root cleaner. After using twice my plants aren’t look to good. I can’t tell if it’s the root cleaner that’s effecting them or if something else is going on?
they are in the 4th week of veg. DWC 5 bucket system. Ph is around 5.7-5.8 and EC is at 2.0 water temp is about 69-70 the hottest
Need advice please! TIA
Picture is of the worst plant

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 11
Are these 5 DWC buckets inter connected, or is each an independent unit? If it is an inter connected system you may have clogged lines somewhere. You talk about having root rot...plugged line could cause this, like a pot that won't drain, rot begins, and the plant droops badly.

Otherwise more info is needed....if PH and temps are as you say, rot shouldn't be that bad. If they are independent buckets, IDK. Get to the bottom of the root rot cause in the first place, it came from somewhere.

Bubba

I got a hydro set up but new to hydro. Have not had root rot problems yet. But like bubba said make sure you have clear connection lines. I’m using a drip/ flood system that constantly flows with bubblers in the nutrient tank and all tof the plant pots. Or pvc tubes in my case. My Ph is at 6.5. And running a lower than recommended nutrient dose.
These are like 2 1/2 months old but only just put in the hydro set up a a little over a month ago.

Attachments

• 49510FCC-EB14-45CC-AA7B-9CCB5DF34DCD.jpeg
    49510FCC-EB14-45CC-AA7B-9CCB5DF34DCD.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 8
What kind of nutrients do you use?
Are you flushing your nutrients? And how often. Do you have bubblers?

Latest posts

Back