Plants are drooping and dying - Please Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4leaves

I dont know if this is the problem but my ppm got up to 2500 when I switched to flowering because I added too much nutes. I immediately drained about 2 gallons water and added 3 gallons of fresh water. It brought my ppm down to 1200. It doesn't seem to be getting better as of now.

If this was the problem, how long does it take for the plant to recover?
Should I just replace all of the water and start fresh again?

Day 33
Day 5 Flowering
PPM 1150
400 WATT HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM BULB
12/12 Light Cycle
66 quart resevoir filled about 3/4th
Flora Nova Bloom
Floracious Plus
Bushmaster

Here is a link to my thread on grow journals for a little history of my plants.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6875

Day33 005 rs.jpg

4leaves said:
I dont know if this is the problem but my ppm got up to 2500 when I switched to flowering because I added too much nutes. I immediately drained about 2 gallons water and added 3 gallons of fresh water. It brought my ppm down to 1200. It doesn't seem to be getting better as of now.

If this was the problem, how long does it take for the plant to recover?
Should I just replace all of the water and start fresh again?

Day 33
Day 5 Flowering
PPM 1150
400 WATT HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM BULB
12/12 Light Cycle
66 quart resevoir filled about 3/4th
Flora Nova Bloom
Floracious Plus
Bushmaster

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6875

How tall are those plants? Just the base of the stem to the tip of the topmost leaf.

What is the strength that is suggested by the nutrient instructions for full strength nutes?

What have you done with these clones since you first cut them? How were they rooting and what type of nutes did you give them? It does look like a simple case of over ferting. Back off even more and see what they do. If they respond, then you've got it. The turn around from sick to better should only be 12 hours or so in your system.

Let us know how they're doing.

Thanks again Stoney Bud.

How tall are those plants? Just the base of the stem to the tip of the topmost leaf. my plants are around 24-26 inches.

What is the strength that is suggested by the nutrient instructions for full strength nutes?

Flora Nova Bloom - 1 teaspoon per gallon ( 8 gallons of water). here is where i made my mistake. I added about 4 teaspoons more just because my ppm didn't seem to be at the right level at 8 teaspoons. But the next day the ppm shot up to about 2500.

Floracious Plus -
1 teaspoon
Bushmaster - 3 teaspoons

What have you done with these clones since you first cut them? these are not clones i grew these from seeds. the clones that i did cut i just gave them water and spray them with spray n' glow once a day

How were they rooting and what type of nutes did you give them? no nutes yet. i don't see any roots yet.

It does look like a simple case of over ferting. Back off even more and see what they do. If they respond, then you've got it. The turn around from sick to better should only be 12 hours or so in your system. ok, i will bring the ppm down to 1000 and see what happens.

4leaves said:

Flora Nova Bloom - 1 teaspoon per gallon ( 8 gallons of water). here is where i made my mistake. I added about 4 teaspoons more just because my ppm didn't seem to be at the right level at 8 teaspoons. But the next day the ppm shot up to about 2500.
Hey, you're not the first one to try jacking the nutes up. I've seen that same problem dozens of times. "If this is good, then more should be great!"

Sadly, it doesn't work that way, as you've found out. Good luck man.

Once you hit the correct concentration, it should be fine.

Latest posts

Back