Plants during slowly overnight please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 10
Could be the lighting, but they looked a little brown and slimy. I know the goal is healthy and white roots. I've heard of people using different products to help keep the reservoir fresh, Hydrogaurd is one of the products that has been mentioned.

Overall, if the roots aren't happy, the plant won't be either. Good call by @Cannagrammy

but they looked a little brown and slimy

I'll trust your eyes, Chad, I can't tell in that lighting, but if they are, you are getting root rot. Hydroguard is my go to, I love the stuff, but it won't correct root rot, it's better as a preventative, i would spray hydrogen peroxide, full strength 3% stuff from the drug store on those roots daily; BUT, i believe i see your biggest problem. I don't think your roots are getting enough oxygen. What I've learned about hydro, you need lots of air for oxygen at your rhizosphere.

Root rot in my experience robs a plant of its full potential.

Whats the temperature of your reservoir solution. If its too warm thats exactly what happens. Any temp in your res over 70 is not ideal for roots. I use to have to keep frozen water bottles in my res to keep it cool enough for healthy white roots when i lived in Florida.

Whats the temperature of your reservoir solution. If its too warm thats exactly what happens. Any temp in your res over 70 is not ideal for roots. I use to have to keep frozen water bottles in my res to keep it cool enough for healthy white roots when i lived in Florida.
I will try that

What is your res temp? If you dont know you need to get a thermometer. Very important in Hydro.

My plants today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 9
That's to warm for you res. That's damn near 80.
Try and get it down below 70. I use to grow DWC and that's exactly what happen to me untill i got my res temps down below 70. I didn't have a chiller like a lot of ppl use,, so i used small frozen water bottles. It can be a pain in the ass but its worth it. That's one of the main reasons i went back to soil.
Matter fact it got so hot in Texas where i live that i took them out of the DWC and put them in soil.

Well mine didn't. They went in shock for a few days and came back and grew like a mofo. Ive done that more then once.
Friend of mine gave me a plant he had in a flood and drain system because he had too many. It was about 4weeks in vegg.
I took it lava rock and all and put it in soil and it hardly had any shock at all. Just finished the last jar of it. Was good smoke.
Make sure once you have it transplanted you water it real good untill you have runoff.
Dont pack the soil,,let the water do that for you. Take your time adding soil and water untill its where it needs to be. Also good drainage is very important.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back