plants sick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoolboy420

greenybeanymeanies
Reaction score
I'd like to nurse then back to health. This is more for fun than results, as I may be moving soon from my house now. I'd like to squeeze a little bud out, but no biggie. I don't have the cash to sink into a serious grow at the moment. When I move it will be a better set up, better soil, and separate pots! Lol. I'm just kinda experimenting with this one. I gutted a 10watt guitar Amp and want to see if I can pull off a LST grow in such a small space, I'll be happy if I get enough for a doobie out of it.

I've been trying some things, it seemed to have a magnesium deficiency so I went to my local shop, they only had a big bottle of mag/cal for about 40 bucks but the guy recommended trying CaliMagic for about 10 bucks. I gave that a shot and a few days later, still no change. So I decided to quit being cheap and pick up a ph meter, I still went cheap and didn't spend over 10 bucks on it, but it's showing me that my soil is right at 7. So I looked up natural and home remedies for changing the soils ph, I came to vingar, I tried that, and my ph dropped quick to 5, but after about 6 hours it was right back in between 6-7 depending where I stuck the prongs.

So basically what I'm getting at, is judging by the pictures, is it completely toast? What should I try from here? It's still standing but it's getting more of a rusty color in the leaves today. I just flushed the soil about an hour ago in case my problem was a salt buildup, that may help, but it's obviously too soon to tell.

I'll upload the pictures in just a few, I typed this up on my phone and it won't let me upload the pics from my phone.

It's been few years since ive been on here and it's also been a few years since ive put any of the knowledge I gained back then to use, so most of it went up in smoke lol. So please go easy on me.

At first glance, it looks like a severe case of nute burn. Someone else should chime in here soon and get you an answer.

BTW this started on the lower leaves and quickly spread upward. My lower leaves are completely dead.

As far as my soil goes, that's probably my first major mistake, it was a generic potting soil. Country time was the brand I believe. No added mutes in the mix as far as I am aware, and the bites I've been using is also another mistake, miracle grow, 20-16-12 I believe, maybe the 12 and 16 and backwards, but I've been skimping on the nutes since it is so early in its life stage, it's a little watered down and I started out trying to feed every other watering, and it started showing signs of nute burn, so I diluted a little further and now I feed 1 in 4 waterings.

Yeah that's kinda what I wondered, it started out looking like nute burn, and then went on to look like other peoples pictures of magnesium deficiency with maybe a touch of calsium, and then it got even worse so I just flushed the soil.

The very bottom picture, you can kinda see the top set of leaves pointing upward, that was a lot worse and the leaves were very stiff until I flushed, and it seemed like it kinda loosened up a bit, so I'm really hoping the flush does the trick. That change was almost an immediate one too.

The growing In the past 3 days has completely halted as well. Sorry for the multiple posts in a row, when Ihit send, I remember something I should include.

BTW this started on the lower leaves and quickly spread upward. My lower leaves are completely dead.

As far as my soil goes, that's probably my first major mistake, it was a generic potting soil. Country time was the brand I believe. No added mutes in the mix as far as I am aware, and the bites I've been using is also another mistake, miracle grow, 20-16-12 I believe, maybe the 12 and 16 and backwards, but I've been skimping on the nutes since it is so early in its life stage, it's a little watered down and I started out trying to feed every other watering, and it started showing signs of nute burn, so I diluted a little further and now I feed 1 in 4 waterings.

You may have killed the plants with what you have been feeding them. Anything that is 20-16-12 is far too strong for small plants (actually strong for mj in general). Marijuana does not want or need nutrients for the first 3 weeks or so of its life, the amount of time depending on what soil you have used.

I also do not understand the reason for giving them the Cal-Mag?

The pH meters that you stick in the dirt are worthless--actually worse than worthless as you believe that you are checking your pH, but they are so inaccurate that they are good for nothing. I recommend that you just throw that away. Food products when used to adjust pH only work for a very short time and are not recommended if you want to grow marijuana. You will need pH up and down for plants (not for spas or pools). Lime in the soil and/or growing organic can alleviate the need for pH'ing

You need to check out soil mixtures. While I understand wanting to try and grow cheaply, cannabis has some very specific needs that must be met i And the more you read and study the specific needs of this plant (it is not like growing tomatoes) and implement that knowledge, the better your chances of finishing a plant. That starts with a good soil mixture and then knowing what, when, and how much to feed them.

Good luck. There really is a lot to this growing thing.....

The reason for the cal Mag was the leaves were majorly praying for magnesium before it got bad, my shop and all the others were out of Epsom salt.

As for at as the nutes go, I watered it down majorly, but what I have always read was 20-20-20 is what I was supposed to aim for, but I'm sure I still over did it, I won't even try to disagree on that.

I do appreciate the input. It is more about going cheap because this was more of an experimental fun grow rather than expecting results, because I am about to be moving. I have a place lined up, I just need to get the rest of my money up for the deposit. And I gotta work on the place in exchange for the first months rent being free lol gotta love trashy tenants. They sure can help sweeten a deal on rent.

However, I was unaware of the inaccuracy of soil ph meters, so I am glad I didn't spend more than 10 bucks on mine. What brands or styles of ph meters should I go for. I saw one at my Walmart, it had little test tubes and what looked like a little pill in each one, and that threw me off. So I assumed it would only be good for testing once. I used the same meter in my last grow I did, which if you look at the journal below my post, you will see, I didn't have great results then either, but I vegged the thing for like 5 months with a crap light and knew nothing til towards the end, and I lost pretty much all the gained knowledge I had. Which was the cause of not growing, and gaining a major drug addiction for 2 years and meeting my wife and beating the battle I had set up for myself.i remember you hemp goddess, and I'm glad you are still on here. I'm sure I'll need loads of help on my next grow.

But I would still love to try to turn this ship around, so Any advice would be great. Hell, I proved everyone wrong with my last grow. They all said to pull the plug, and I didn't. I only had 3 grams when it was all said and done, but I remember it was still worth the battle and I gained more knowledge in the fight. And I gotta make up for lost time one way or another, I don't want my next grow to be ****, I would like results.

So if you could, what ph meter or style should I shoot for?

And am update today on the plant, it doesn't look any worse! Which is better than I've been seeing LOL

If the thing dies, it dies, and then I'll just make sure I have the proper gear for the next grow. Fox farms ocean mix soil should do, separate pots!, some good nutes, hell I can get it all now that I discovered the shop nearby, that will keep me away from Walmart and lowes lol.

To many issues to list.

they are good as dead.

research research research....thats your problem.

I've started up on my research.

Buuut, if you take a gander at my last grow in my grow journal, which was also my first grow, you'll see that I don't give up as easy as most. And because of that, I Learned a lot more than in a typical grow. I was told from veg that plant wouldn't make it, and it did. Sure, it only yielded 3 grams when it was ready to smoke, but nonetheless, she lived.

Now if I only I wouldn't have had such a stupid period of my life the following 4-5 years, I may still have all that knowledge.

But with that being said, it's a shame no one is really willing to offer some advice to help restore some life.

This site must have had some major downfalls in that time period as well, because I know damn well that I would have had advice and help, I may have gotten kicked around a little in the process, but atleast I had help. Where's blualiean and potus when you need em?

With all that being said, I'll help myself, because it seems as though the community I was part of back then has withered and died, which is a shame because this back then was like a second home. And that aggravates me.

Oh and btw, I have new growth forming. And that's cool because that's a little confidence booster in myself, because I got no real advice here.

Thank you hempgodess for atleast helping some.

Latest posts

Back