Plants stunted/not growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTree420

Reaction score
Ok guys so about 2 1/2 weeks ago I started 8 female critical kush plants...they all popped and looked good but for the past week or so it seems like I haven't seen any new growth...the first set of serrated leaves grew out on all of then and it seemed like since then nothing...the bottom round leaves that first appear look yellow but not the top ones...I only added nutes once according to the fox farms feeding chart at about 1 1/2 weeks...do you guys think they have Nute lock? Or could be over watered? I only did about 1/4 strength... I've grown many times for years and have never encountered this problem but then again I have never grown this strain and I have never grown feminized seeds... Any ideas?

Oh wow maybe they are just very slow starters lol...that's what mine kinda look like...the yellowish color and slow growth kinda had me worried...never had any of my other strains do this...thank you for the pics tho! That actually makes me feel a lot better..

Mine are a tiny bit smaller though...but still it does make me feel better...I guess we shall see in this next week!

What kind of soil are they in? They are too little to feed, i don't care what FF says.

I think I started lightly feeding mine at about 4 weeks but by 5 weeks they were showing signs of Cal-Mag deficiency and that's when I started feeding them pretty heavily.

My Critical Kush are GIANT eaters. They are 4 or 5 months old now and I am giving them way more than the amounts shown on the bottle.

My girls get almost a full teaspoon of Fox Farms bloom booster trio every watering. And, that's on top of Cal-Mag, Big Bloom and Tiger at double doses.

The label says to feed them booster once a week. Mine are eating it every day and I don't even have any tip burn.

Don't overfeed yours until you know for sure if they are like mine but, watch for deficiency signs because without the people here and especially Hushpuppy who put me on the Cal-Mag path my plants would be dead by now, I'm sure.

It depends what soil he is in. If he is in FFoF then he feeds nothing for 5-7 weeks.

I don't recall 100% but I think mine were in 1/2 Happy Frog and 1/2 inert (sand, verm, perlite)

Cal/Mag deficient at 4 weeks? Never heard of that before and never had that problem until flowering starts. And I use RO..lol

Here is a little something for you to look forward to.....

The plants are 5 months old today but I vegged them for an extra month so they have only been in flower for 1 month. Yours could be here at 4 months.

1 month until harvest if it goes 8 weeks. More likely 9.

If that brac has any more trics on it, it would drip. LOL

View attachment budcloseup-1.jpg

View attachment budcloseup-2.jpg

I think these guys are just rly slow starters...usually by now I am seeing a third set of leafs starting but mine look just a tad smaller than hackermans pic at 2 1/2 weeks...it just seems to me like I haven't seen any new growth for a bit...and the bottom leafs are a bit yellow like in his photo also...maybe it's just the strain? It's my first time growing these...i didn't want to panic but it just seemed odd to me...and i only used about 1/4 maybe even a little less strength nutes for only one watering...then when I noticed the yellowing bottoms I went back to distilled water - no nutes since...usually I do use foX farms soil but I started these guys out in an all organic soil from a local store...I plan to repot into fox farms I just haven't had a chance to get to the store where I buy it...

And I'm loving the pics hackerman those lady's are gorgeous...I can't wait!

I will take some pics of them tomm and maybe then you guys can shed some light...I know it's hard to diagnose without actually seeing them

I really do think they are slow starters.

They clone easily. I had about 100% success on mine.

IME with young plants that look healthy, when they ain't growing up, they are growing down. Making roots.

Well I do hope that's what's going on here...I should be able to take some pics in a few hours for u guys...perhaps I am just overreacting...I bought a ten pack of these and I wouldn't be too happy to loose 8 right off the bat lol...I plan on throwing 6 of them into flower and keeping 2 for mother plants so I am glad to hear they clone easy...

Latest posts

Back