Plants too close to light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you control the height of your plant during flowering.

• Height control

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Lights

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
I don't think it's a bug. Looks like a nut. def. of some sort. I've got the same thing going on with a couple leaves on a couple of my plants. Magnesium deficiency from what I can tell. Epsom salts mixed with ph'd water should fix it. There is a good thread on reading plants leaves in the sick plants section. Hope it helps you.
I wasn't calling yours a mag. def., just speculation about mine, which looks similar.

A lot of times the PH being out of wack will cause all kinds of funky problems. Dying spots, holes in leaves and crinkly leaves/growth.

Are you testing ph and runoff? I did not look earlier in the thread if you are.

Bugs can happen anywhere/anytime.

I don’t think any of those shots are a bug issue.

Make sure you are not overwatering as well. Does the soil drain nicely? lots of arreation?

Menth, I responded on your other thread. You have a calcium problem caused by improper RO water use. Do not use Epsom salts at this point, and just go easy trying to troubleshoot the grows of others before you get used to managing your own, which will come with practice and time.

That's not anything to be concerned with, looks like physical damage like you accidentally squished a leaf and it tore.
Fert management looks good. Hope you are ready to cut back on feedings as they get closer to harvest.

Next time:
More light!!!
More air flow!!! Computer fans aren't enough for this.
And you said you had 3 plants in one tupperware? Individual pots next time. And not transparent.
Every grow gets better and this is a solid start!

@stinkyattic
Thanks for the reply back and the knowledge. I do agree that i closed the cabinet door on a couple of leaves. So that does give me an answer to that. At what point do i cut back on feeding the plants before harvest. And also what if not all flowers are finished budding. Some are still flowering that are very low under the top growing potential buds due to me not trimming lower sections before flowering stage. So once the top flowers produce buds and are ready, it's it ok to take out what's ready and leave what's not, if they're on the same plant but different stem? I would think the plant would want to rehabilitate the cut off section and not let the (not ready) bud continue to do its thing. I hope i worded this right.
And to answer your question about fans..i recently been leaving the door open to the cabinet and running an oscillating fan but closing the closet door. Humidity and temperature are pretty stable although i should add a bag of CO² to aid the final process. (Should've done that earlier). In all..i appreciate your expertise and keep what you are telling me in mind. I can only learn and get better with info from friends like you. Thanks again.
Also my next grow is 2 RDWC buckets with a reservoir for nutes. The Tupperware containers I'm using were painted black.

Attachments

• 20191228_000745.jpg
    20191228_000745.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20191228_000819.jpg
    20191228_000819.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 31
Good call on the black coating.
Usually folks start cutting back on feed 2-3 weeks before choppy chop. It's also a good time to give them a little molasses in their feed. The last week should be no ferts at all, but sugars are still fine. The point is to deprive them of npk so they become deficient and use up as much stored nutrition as possible. As chlorophyll breaks down, the smoke is smoother.
I personally think it's fine to take that terminal bud off when it's ready and then give the lower stuff a few days to catch up, just keep an eye on it for herms. Really sensitive strains might blow some nanners from the little bit of stress. But its not a huge deal if youre done anyway.
Happy harvesting!

Good call on the black coating.
Usually folks start cutting back on feed 2-3 weeks before choppy chop. It's also a good time to give them a little molasses in their feed. The last week should be no ferts at all, but sugars are still fine. The point is to deprive them of npk so they become deficient and use up as much stored nutrition as possible. As chlorophyll breaks down, the smoke is smoother.
I personally think it's fine to take that terminal bud off when it's ready and then give the lower stuff a few days to catch up, just keep an eye on it for herms. Really sensitive strains might blow some nanners from the little bit of stress. But its not a huge deal if youre done anyway.
Happy harvesting!
I'll look up a molasses addition to add, and I'm sure i need to get a hand held lighted small microscope to see the milky trichomes to determine if they're ready to harvest. You did say to keep an eye out for herms. Does that term mean hermaphrodites? I thought those come early in the growing/ flowering stage. Im a newbie.. so i could be interpreting this wrong. School me stinkyattic.

It's not a big deal if you take a harvest down all at once, more so if you run perpetual, but hermaphrodite are possible any time a plant is stressed.
To look at trichs, even a flashlight and a magnifying loupe is a big help. That's all I use, cheap n simple.
Molasses is also cheap n simple. Just a dollop in your water, like a tablespoon in a gallon is PLENTY. it gives them a source of available carbon, and resins are hydrocarbons, the plants get the hydrogen from the water itself, and build resins. This is a simple explanation; it's neat and gives your plants a little boost. The point of co2 is also to provide available carbon. But that's another whole thing lol.

Here's the update on my grow. Got an ounce out of it. First time. I think it turned out alright. Thanks for all the input.

Attachments

• 20200306_153515.jpg
    20200306_153515.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200306_153506.jpg
    20200306_153506.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 34
Them babies look jus fine chap.install you a temp meter at canopy level and jus keep it around 75-79 deg.keep a small clip on fan running jus above canopy level and let her do her thing.she looks very healthy for this stage under leds.u have done a great job so far.

And also.you can't really apply to much directly on her in terms of pest control but maybe wipeing everything down with been oil,a mix of alcohol and water 60 prct water 40 prct alcohol.

Latest posts

Back