plants turning male

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growingpain

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me why plants that are only 8 weeks old and under 24 hour light are showing there sex. I just had 4 HH turn male. That isn't suppose to happen is it ?

plants can and will show sex when they reach sexual maturity even if they are under 24 hours of light. They are not "flowering", just showing that they are sexually mature and will continue to veg if left under 24 hours of light. Sorry for your luck with the males. (Thanks to everyone here who taught me that)
-SSF-

Showing gender at 8 weeks under 24hr lights is perfectly normal...Don't know what HH stands for...Even Fem seeds can turn out Male...With reg seeds u have a 50/50 chance of being male.

hh stand for Hollands Hope. Got 10 seeds 6 popped and noe i am down to only two plants left.

A little good news for you...Males generaly show thier sex before the girls do...

Fingers crossed!

How tall are they? I would think 8 weeks of veg is plenty..Might think of making the big flip to 12/12 now.

growingpain said:
Can anybody tell me why plants that are only 8 weeks old and under 24 hour light are showing there sex. I just had 4 HH turn male. That isn't suppose to happen is it ?

Did you trash them yet? Are you Sure that they are male? Any Pics?

6 out of 10 seeds popping is Not very good. Then 4 out 6 plants being male :eek: The percentages here are not Right. How old were the seeds? even after several years 8 or 9 out of 10 should of pooped. Is this your first grow? I am just wondering if you are seeing the right things? Are the two plants you have left Shorter and fuller less space between nodes? Again Pics! you may be jumping the Gun! It sucks to put in all that hard work then have it go bad like that,, I feel your Pain! Maybe try some good clones, lol Wishing you better luck !!

growingpain said:

I am pissed when they take 6 weeks:)....8 weeks is crazy long. Most of mine show 4-5 weeks. Unless they are fem beans males are just as likely as females....there is a sticky i believe on how to increase your chances of getting females...just too stoned right now to find it lol.:D

Hamster Lewis said:
I am pissed when they take 6 weeks:)....8 weeks is crazy long. Most of mine show 4-5 weeks. Unless they are fem beans males are just as likely as females....there is a sticky i believe on how to increase your chances of getting females...just too stoned right now to find it lol.:D
THANK you Hamster! My "seedlings" are 6 weeks and 3 days and 2 hours and they are not showing me anything. I am not tickled about this.

Rosebud said:
THANK you Hamster! My "seedlings" are 6 weeks and 3 days and 2 hours and they are not showing me anything. I am not tickled about this.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You frogot Minutes and seconds!! lol

Rosebud said:

Hang in there Rose....positive vibes and green mojo for ya. Sometimes I find a good yelling at them helps...........me that is.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back