Plasma Grow Lighting??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str8fosgate

Reaction score
just curious if anyone knows about plasma grow lighting.....Chameleon Grow Systems has some very interesting data and results on their website at plasmagrowlighting.net saying that their 500w plasma light outperforms 600w HPS....more energy and cost efficient....just everything that i've read says that plasma lighting is the best light source available.....i could really use some input from any and everyone that has any knowledge on this subject thanks everyone! Oh i almost forgot the most interesting line i read from their website is "More Full-Spectrum Nutritional Sun-Light Energy than any other Grow Light on the Planet!" thanks in advance for your input!

Honestly I think they have a long ways to go in comparison to LED tech. The fact that you are not saving much power, and the fact the cost is very expensive, I just don't see their use at this point.

I've not seen a single grow that looks impressive yet either.

a while back i was reading on a forum called open grow.they show a grow done with a plasma light (different brand than you are talking about).check it out.my opinion is that it isnt worth the cost

I NEVER totally trust the information that manufacturers give on THEIR websites about THEIR products. It is really easy to say something like, "More Full-Spectrum Nutritional Sun-Light Energy than any other Grow Light on the Planet!", but unless they can actually back it up with real life studies by an impartial source, it is not worth much. We are still getting a lot of hype and B S from LED companies, although they are getting better. Jeez, the CFL companies are still saying some of their lights will outproduce HIDs, but we know that isn't true either.

In other words, be sure and do your research and do not take the word of the company that is trying to sell you an overpriced light.

I don't know guys......it really does look like it's the future of indoor growing. I mean it's basically your own personal sun....There are testimonials from horticulture professors with PHDs from different universities...I also heard a Vegas radio interview that was really informative on their product and by the end of the interview the hosts were sold on it and trying to get some plasma lights in Vegas. I know that upfront cost seems like a lot but I think you would have to look at it like a hybrid vehicle...you pay more for them up front so in the long run you will be saving on gas. I mean if you're a serious grower and this is what you do..the electricity savings in the first 2-3 years pays for the light (sorry i'm a numbers guy)
Hempgoddess I understand your not completely trusting someones word on their own product and that's why i dug a little deeper with the testimonials and the radio interview. with that being said...this is from their website and if it's true....it HAS to be worth a try....right?

Outperforms 600w HPS!
34% Longer Lifespan, 22% Less Power Draw, 22% Less Heat
Full Spectrum Nutritional Light Energy
Enhances Plant Performance!

More CRI (color rendering index)
100 CRI - Sunlight
95 CRI - Chameleon Plasma
24 CRI - HPS

More CCT (correlated color temperature)
5780k - Sunlight​
5500k - Chameleon Plasma
2100k - HPS

​​Exceptionally Robust Product Design
​Aircraft Quality Construction
Wet Location Rated (see video below)

​​Warranty
10 Year Limited Warranty
​90 Day Satisfaction Guarantee

I NEVER totally trust the information that manufacturers give on THEIR websites about THEIR products. It is really easy to say something like, "More Full-Spectrum Nutritional Sun-Light Energy than any other Grow Light on the Planet!", but unless they can actually back it up with real life studies by an impartial source, it is not worth much. We are still getting a lot of hype and B S from LED companies, although they are getting better. Jeez, the CFL companies are still saying some of their lights will outproduce HIDs, but we know that isn't true either.

In other words, be sure and do your research and do not take the word of the company that is trying to sell you an overpriced light.

you would be amazed at how effective this marketing can be to get buyers. I have this friend, a real life friend, who knows that I am knowledgeable about growing, and yet, I try to convince him about CFL LED and seed buying,and what else, but he just has to learn by himself every time, I feel like he is stupid because of that. I mean he had to try to pull air with a small 4" plastic toilet fan before he bought 6", he had to grow bagseed thinking that seed companies are ripoff. I tried to teach him about genetics, telling him that his efforts will be almost worthless, getting seed from birdfeed shops, yes, LOL birdfeed, just because he heard on the street, some years back, that bird seed produces a marijuana plant, sold in kilograms for few $s per kilogram of seeds, I doubt that any seed company can beat that. he ended up with bushy trees that dont fit and hairs and pistils... his story is ongoing until today, and i almost gave up on him listening to me.

I don't know guys......it really does look like it's the future of indoor growing. I mean it's basically your own personal sun....There are testimonials from horticulture professors with PHDs from different universities...I also heard a Vegas radio interview that was really informative on their product and by the end of the interview the hosts were sold on it and trying to get some plasma lights in Vegas. I know that upfront cost seems like a lot but I think you would have to look at it like a hybrid vehicle...you pay more for them up front so in the long run you will be saving on gas. I mean if you're a serious grower and this is what you do..the electricity savings in the first 2-3 years pays for the light (sorry i'm a numbers guy)
Hempgoddess I understand your not completely trusting someones word on their own product and that's why i dug a little deeper with the testimonials and the radio interview. with that being said...this is from their website and if it's true....it HAS to be worth a try....right?

Outperforms 600w HPS!
34% Longer Lifespan, 22% Less Power Draw, 22% Less Heat
Full Spectrum Nutritional Light Energy
Enhances Plant Performance!

More CRI (color rendering index)
100 CRI - Sunlight
95 CRI - Chameleon Plasma
24 CRI - HPS

More CCT (correlated color temperature)
5780k - Sunlight​
5500k - Chameleon Plasma
2100k - HPS

​​Exceptionally Robust Product Design
​Aircraft Quality Construction
Wet Location Rated (see video below)

​​Warranty
10 Year Limited Warranty
​90 Day Satisfaction Guarantee

but your looking at about a grand for i think it was = to 600 watt hid

I am still somewhat skeptical. Are any of these grows cannabis? Is any of this documented? Just because someone has PHD after their name, does not make them an authority. Also, if it is a grand, I'd certainly be for going with a 600W HID that you can get for under $200 shipped to your door. I personally believe that the future of growing is going to be with LEDs. We have seen a lot of strides in the past few years--better products for less money.

Latest posts

Back