Playing music when high

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flymadness

Waiting on 4/20 everyday
Reaction score
im a drummer and i have noticed that when i get high my playing goes straight into the toilet. just wondering if anyone here is a musician and if they find the same affects. people say it makes you more musically creative but man does it ever mess up my coordination! :p

Depends... I am a writer and I notice I can bust out a script or short story if I have some good nugs that give you that thinking mans high. But if I have some couch locking nugs best believe my writing suffers.

Oh, my buddy has a similar prob, he is also a drummer. Try a little meditation before jamming, sometimes weed can flood ya with thoughts, just gotta get focused I guess.

Meditation wont help couch locking nugs though. :cool:

Im not a pro but I find that sometimes when I try mixing trance when im high, I get better results..the music just seems to 'flow' a lil better :)

Dizoelio said:
Oh, my buddy has a similar prob, he is also a drummer. Try a little meditation before jamming, sometimes weed can flood ya with thoughts, just gotta get focused I guess.
well i find that the music flows a lot, like i get some many ideas on colorful drumrolls and great beats but i dont have ability the actually play them, i end up hitting everything but the right drum ive actually hit my leg and bruised myself before lol, maybe i should try playing guitar when high instead:D

I find that doing things, anything under the influence of buds takes some getting used to... you gotta figure out how much smoke allows you to do what. I find that a little smoke before makin some music really helps, but too much will throw you off..

I sing.. Well Karaoke yet, I do good at it.,

I love to get blazed and sing.

A week ago I opened my night with Break on Through by the Doors.

It was right on. I was so into it that I had a racing heart when I sat back down.

I love to sing stoned.

I can understand that a drummer might have a different take on that rift when stoned.

To be exactly the same each time... Yeah I can see that not being helped but coming up with new rifts.. I'd smoke whenever I felt like it.
I am not a drummer tho.

lol my bassist thought it would be funny to smoke alot before our gig.
he ended up whiteying on stage.

but still smoking before having a jam is great fun

I can't sing worth a hoot whether I am stoned or sober. But if I am stoned I seem to enjoy it a bit more. :D

Ihave notice that my guitaring skills while high get progressively worse. I have a very hard time remembering what color buttom my fingers are on and i get way off beat so the music stops.

it is a hell of a lot of fun though!

SM....i can't figure out your avatar......its trippn me out :bong:

mean anything :confused:

hahahah oh take that...and that........reminds me of southpark for some reason LOL

Dizoelio said it best. I've been playing the guitar for almost ten years now. When I smoke some straight indica, it just makes me a musical idiot. Can't strum or sing, let alone even remember what chords are in a song. Haha. I'm a mess when it comes to music with the "couchlock" bud. However, the sativa strains, like skunk. I am full speed ahead and it's a party.

So, in short, grow some sativa to clear your head and make you feel like a bird so you will be ready to rock!

Don't matter what I smoke...I just gotta watch the beer intake otherwise I get sloppy. but herb...puts me in a zone that I just get lost in when playing. I don't even worry about what I'm playing it's what ever is just coming out...the pure jam. (almost 20 yrs. playing)

im an acoustic guitarist and just love to play when stoned.i think songs also seem to sound way better when listened to while high,almost every great song ever writhen was by a stoned or high band--they cant all be wrong,,lol.

allgrownup said:
SM....i can't figure out your avatar......its trippn me out :bong:

mean anything :confused:

hahahah oh take that...and that........reminds me of southpark for some reason LOL

Hahaha! Just being goofy and playing around.

I write electronic music. I find that if I smoke when I make beats or write synth parts. I pay much more attention to detail then I would if I werent high. I think that it enhances creativity. If you want to check out my beats here is A link. I have writen over 200 songs and I have 3 CDs currently in circulation mostly in europe where techno music is alittle more popular then it is in the US. IF you are interested in any ambient or techno ish music please check out my website. And If you want to buy A CD I sell them myself for only 6 dollars each. Ill send you 2 CDs for 10 and all 3 cds in circulation for 15 dollars. Have fun and smoke your cannibus when you make music.

I plan to post pictures of my music studio where I have converted my closet into a grow area. Check it out!

Object505
Edit: Do not expose your identity on this site. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back