Playing with Photoperiods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBFan

Days of Wine and....Roses
Reaction score
We all talk about switching to 12/12.

I know some equatorial sativa strains can thrive under 14/10 (or so my research says). So I'm doing some experimenting with my current grow and was wondering if anyone has flowered out under anything other than 12/12.

Any comments would be appreciated!

I began messing with the photoperiod during Veg. (I liken it to something close to Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome in humans, made the bloom time way long and caused the thc to degrade b4 the buds ever got ripe) of my 10+ year old Skunk cutting and that began the downfall of a truly beautiful beautiful strain...begin with one photoperiod and keep it consistent or you'll not be happy with the result...just one opinion, I'm sure others will disagree but, whatever...

I started off with 10 clones off a single plant. I've been gradually working down towards a flower schedule, and right now I'm at 15/9. They're loaded with preflowers but aren't actually budding yet. The plant the clones came from was about 7 weeks old and was already showing preflowers when I took the clones.

I'm thinking I may stop at 14/10 and let it go on that schedule to see what happens.

What do you mean "messing with photoperiod during veg" ?

Thanks for your input.

Latest posts

Back