Pleasant surprise, but help needed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scape

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was planting some houseplants of the strictly non-narcotic variety and I though, just out of interest, I'd stick a seed from a baggie in a spare pot and see what happens. Well, I've been lucky and I now have a fairly healthy looking plant of nearly 2ft on my window sill. Yay!

What I'm wondering is whether there is any hope of this plant producing anything worth having, given that I can't afford (and don't have space) for any proper lamps or anything. I'm in the UK which I wouldn't think would have the weather for this normally, but it's been a sunny summer so far...

Secondly, if this thing doesn't flower then, in the absence of flowers, are the leaves any use for anything? I guess not, but like I said, I'm a newbie so any tips appreciated and please excuse my dumb questions!

Cheers
s.

Find a sunny spot and you might get a nice looking plant. If the plant doesn't flower it means it's a he and you cant use it for smoking(well, you wont get stoned). GL

Thanks for the tips, mate. Fingers crossed then! ;-)

s.

My advice would be to grow it out: Best case scenario its a female and you get some bud.... Worse case scenario its a male but, if you have no other plants it wont matter because it has nothing to pollinate. Either way it would give you some experience growing mj.

ive heard you can get oil somehow

i dont think males produce THC, THC is produced as a by product when females arent pollinated by males, correct? if they could make hash or oil, youd be able to smoke them.

males do produce THC.. its just that the concentration is really low.. so you have to extract it by making hash or oil... i think .. heh

Hey. Males have very minute amount. but I still do the ISO hash that The Brother's Grunt How to in the hash section. I haven't done it with just a male, I popped it in the freezer until my other plants where done then mixed it in with the female cuttings for hash oil extraction.
but honestly, I don't think you'll get much from one plant.

no worrys there scape you can smoke males just as well as females and from my smoking exsperience the males are about 1 3rd the high as compared to females of the same strain. so dont waste like others without trying .

Thanks again for the advice fellas. I guess I'll keep going and see what happens. I think I have my first alternating node... I think. Still not sure of gender, despite reading the guides. Still, we'll see how it goes and I'll report back!

Cheers!
s.

Latest posts

Back