Please advise, bugs and nutes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sombro

Time Waster
Reaction score
All is not well in the garden.
I've been giving flowering nutes for about 10 days at half strength (it's Bloom-C by ATA) and almost immediately I had noticed that it seemed to be having an adverse effect. It's a very dark red colour and i'd noticed that some of the upper leaves had started to droop and were displaying a reddish purple colour along the stalk of the leaf, I decided not to worry too much and see what happens.

Well what has happened is that almost all of the fan leaves are drooping and are turning yellow with red stalks. Also there has been a huge increase in munching insects. I don't know if the two problems are related, it could be that as we turn into autumn my children are the tastiest foliage in the garden.

Any advice anyone can offer would be great, I guess I'm going to start by sticking to just water for a week of two to see what happens. On a gardening site I found a recipe for a bug killer (boil lemon peel in water for 10 mins) and I'm going to start giving that a go as the spray I've been using is not working.

cheers

Sombro

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

I think I'm just being a bit of a tool, the fert says to apply with every watering, that is most likely based on a once a week watering schedule. I water every day. I had been adding nutes every other day but that is most likely still far too much.

Two days without nutes and they look much much happier.

I've started to give the foliage a light spray with water every other day, this seems to help keep the bugs down a bit.

peace

sombro

I water every day. I had been adding nutes every other day but that is most likely still far too much.
"over watering"..soak them deep and thourough, then leave em be. Let her dry out a few days.

Thanks for the reply

no matter how much I give them they're still really droopy if I don't water every day, I tried watering with twice as much water every two days but they were looking really sad on the second day without water& after watering again they perk up nicely. After a really good soak there is only dry soil 24hrs later.

Apart from the over nuting and the bugs they're looking really healthy !!!

I guess that they are a bit rootbound and that is why I cut out a big section of the bottom of the pot and planted them in some good soil.

I could try again to give them more water less often but I prefer to see them nice and perky. Remember that they are in pots,not directly in the ground and that we get to about 100F here most days and the temperature only drops about 10 degrees at nightime.

Do you still think i'm overwatering?? would that not make them droopy and then worse if more water was added?? How much would you consider that I should water? The plants are now fully grow.

Peace

They may very well be rootbound then. If you cut the pot 'n placed them in the ground "during" flowering. It doesn't seem that mj puts much energy into root production once flowering has been induced.

Do you still think i'm overwatering?? would that not make them droopy and then worse if more water was added??
.."right on the money"

Latest posts

Back