Please assist me.

Tonto

Dry as a bone
Reaction score
I'm buying a HPS light. Budget: under $180 shipped.
I'm looking for a 400w HPS light, and I'd like to have a hood that is enclosed with the glass on bottom, with a venting area I can attach tubing to for cooling. I'd like the reflector to the the kind with many little bumps, not the flat aluminum kind. No hot spots if I can avoid them.
The only option I have found with those specifics is a light that has an enclosed ballast. Here is a link to the eBay auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180043353521&rd=1&rd=1

What do you guys think? Do any of you have a link to a different place? Perhaps one with a remote ballast, as I'd like to keep all the heat out as possible, but I think the one I posted the link for will be okay because of the ducting I can run to/from it? Thanks in advance for any help.

rockydog

Grower at Heart
Reaction score
Sorry, I have looked around but cant find the specs you are looking for, for that price. If you do find any, let me know though. A vnted shade with ballast and bulb for under 180 shipped is a deal and a half.

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
insidesun.com has some pretty attractive deals..;)

Tonto

Dry as a bone
Reaction score
Hick said:
insidesun.com has some pretty attractive deals..;)
They do have some great deals, but I don't see any enclosed hoods like what I'm looking for.

Did anyone look at the eBay auction I posted? I think I'm going to get that one. $145.99 shipped is a great deal, even though the ballast is not remote, it's part of the unit.

Elephant Man

"MAD SCIENTIST"
Reaction score
You could probably remote the ballast yourself with some extension cord. I have seen a tutorial on the net.

Latest posts