Please assist me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonto

Dry as a bone
Reaction score
I'm buying a HPS light. Budget: under $180 shipped.
I'm looking for a 400w HPS light, and I'd like to have a hood that is enclosed with the glass on bottom, with a venting area I can attach tubing to for cooling. I'd like the reflector to the the kind with many little bumps, not the flat aluminum kind. No hot spots if I can avoid them.
The only option I have found with those specifics is a light that has an enclosed ballast. Here is a link to the eBay auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180043353521&rd=1&rd=1

What do you guys think? Do any of you have a link to a different place? Perhaps one with a remote ballast, as I'd like to keep all the heat out as possible, but I think the one I posted the link for will be okay because of the ducting I can run to/from it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry, I have looked around but cant find the specs you are looking for, for that price. If you do find any, let me know though. A vnted shade with ballast and bulb for under 180 shipped is a deal and a half.

insidesun.com has some pretty attractive deals..;)

Hick said:
insidesun.com has some pretty attractive deals..;)

They do have some great deals, but I don't see any enclosed hoods like what I'm looking for.

Did anyone look at the eBay auction I posted? I think I'm going to get that one. $145.99 shipped is a great deal, even though the ballast is not remote, it's part of the unit.

You could probably remote the ballast yourself with some extension cord. I have seen a tutorial on the net.

Latest posts

Back