Please help! Emergency - 8 Plant LED grow with lots of pictures!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nignog420

Reaction score
Hello everyone this is my second Legal Medical grow, but I have ran into a bit of a problem. A week ago I was in my grow tent and I realized this funny smell. I ended up looking around online for a solution and most people said that it was most likely just the plant that was putting off a funny odor and I should leave it be and wait until harvest. Now I return from a short 3 day trip and I notice white fuzz on one of my main colas. Please let me know what I should do, I've already removed the plant from the tent and inspected all the others. It seems as if this is the only plant that has any problems, the others smell great and after I removed the infected plant the tent returned to its normal smell. With the infected area on the plant I treated it with Hydrogen Peroxide and 70% Isotropy alcohol by dabbing it on with a q-tip. The first two pictures are of the infected plant, the other pictures are of the grow area.

hXXp://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w513/nignog_420/?action=view&current=DSCF0066-1.jpg

hXXp://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w513/nignog_420/?action=view&current=DSCF0063.jpg

Please let me know what I should do, I would really like to not lose any plants but if I must chop the infected one then that's fine. I've heard you can freeze dry the mold off the buds, is this true? I was thinking I could use this method and then bake the left overs into something. I wouldn't smoke it. Do I have to many plants in my grow tent? I have a 4x4 grow tent with 8 (now 7) plants in soil and a 800w Diamond Series LED. My temperature never goes outside of 68-86, and I keep the RH at 20-40%. I've also got 3 mini fans blowing from 3 directions in the tent. I had two of them a bit low so I moved them up to focus on all the buds. What should I do the the remaining plants in the tent? Are there any clean up measures I should take with my other plants and the growing space to ensure this infection doesn't spread? I would really appreciate the help if anyone will take the time to reply, I would really like to not lose my medicine because its becoming to expensive to purchase any longer.

hXXp://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w513/nignog_420/?action=view&current=DSCF0062.jpg
hXXp://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w513/nignog_420/?action=view&current=DSCF0061.jpg
hXXp://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w513/nignog_420/?action=view&current=DSCF0060.jpg
hXXp://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w513/nignog_420/?action=view&current=DSCF0059.jpg

I don't know why my post is all close together like that, I've even tried editing it again with the same problem. Sorry for the wall of text, please help me if you can.

Sounds like you need an exhaust fan, for starters, no air intake/exchange??

Not having looked at the pics, sounds like powdery mildew or bud rot/mold. Do not smoke moldy buds, bad for your health!

Remove your links and post the pictures to this site. No one is going to go look at them where you have them hosted now.

doubtful you have pm if your rh is less than 40%---you may want to confirm that if you see fuzzy white growth---if it is pm---all the plants need to be treated and you likely want to use a bleach solution on the tent walls---spores from pm will be everywhere---DON'T SMOKE MOLDY WEED

Welcome to MP, however, I encourage you to read the Site Rules--there is a link at the top of the page.

We ask that you do not post live links and please post pics directly here Not very many of us will click live off-site links--they could take you anywhere. I have edited your posts to remove the live links.

Currently the tent might not be getting enough intake/outtake air circulation as stated above by another member.

I have a 200CFM fan hooked up to a carbon filter for my outtake.
I use nothing as my intake because the tent is so small it doesn't require it. The only problem is my outtake is at the top of my tent, and so is my intake. Should I make the intake from the tent open from the bottom and then exhaust through the top?
Take a look at the first picture, you can clearly see a white body growing on the main cola. I am also NOT GOING TO SMOKE IT. I've already stated that in my post, I know the risks involved, I was only asking about freeze drying the bud and then baking it into food, not smoking.

Thank you all for the quick replies, I appreciate the help.

I think your plants are fine....... some nice frosty trichomes forming on the buds...... looks to be dank for sure.

Thank you for your reassurance Grower13, but as shown in the first two pictures (Not the last 4) there is a weird growth of white fuzz on near the top of the cola.

This plant also puts off a strange odor and my throat gets VERY SORE when I'm in the same room with this plant for more then 5 minutes.

It is now isolated from the other plants, but I need to know what I should do for the rest of my plants. Should I spray them down with a mixture of Einstein Oil/Hydrogen Peroxide to help prevent any mold spreading to the other plants?

Yep, G13 has it right on...you're looking at a nice frosty bud, those are trichs and normal!! Looking awesome. No clue what the smell could be....

Well, unless that white stuff in the second pic is what you're talking about. Can't make out what it is, though...yeah, now that I know where to look, not sure what that white fuzz is...seems early for bud rot/mold.

Roddy said:
Yep, G13 has it right on...you're looking at a nice frosty bud, those are trichs and normal!! Looking awesome. No clue what the smell could be....

Ya think it smells like a skunk died in his tent.:D

nignog420 said:
Currently the tent might not be getting enough intake/outtake air circulation as stated above by another member.

I have a 200CFM fan hooked up to a carbon filter for my outtake.
I use nothing as my intake because the tent is so small it doesn't require it. The only problem is my outtake is at the top of my tent, and so is my intake. Should I make the intake from the tent open from the bottom and then exhaust through the top?
Take a look at the first picture, you can clearly see a white body growing on the main cola. I am also NOT GOING TO SMOKE IT. I've already stated that in my post, I know the risks involved, I was only asking about freeze drying the bud and then baking it into food, not smoking.

Thank you all for the quick replies, I appreciate the help.

A 4 x 4 tent is not small and you do need an intake, but it can be passive. Air exchange is for more than temperature control--plants require a constant supply of fresh air for proper photosynthesis.

Yes, intake should be near the floor and exhaust near the top as heat does rise.

What type of fan do you have? I see some problems with using a 200 cfm fan with a carbon filter in a 4 x 4 space. What kind of air volume do you have actually exhausting?

As mentioned, most of us will not click on an external site to look at pictures (I am one of them).

I understand that you wouldn't want to click on a link because you don't want your browser to re-direct you but you can always manually type it in and then you won't have to worry. In fact if you wanna verify the source of the link ping it. Open your command prompt on your computer from Start. In the search box type cmd and press enter then type the url into the black box. Now it will give you an ip address, use that ip address against the real websites url to verify its legitimacy. I do not have the required permissions on this computer to install programs so I'm unable to resize the pictures on this website.

here is a free pic resizer.... easy to use..... just down load it..... been using it for years. welcome to MP btw..

hxxp://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/download

What should I do with the grow area and the other plants, I'm not sure what should be done with them.

I'm cleaning the grow space as we speak but I'm worried it might have brushed up against other plants and possibly spread. Is there anything I can spray them all down with to prevent anything else from happening?

I plan on putting on a mask/gloves and chopping it down in one inch pieces then doing freeze/dry method for removing as much PM as possible. Afterwards I will collect all the pieces and then I'm going to use 91% Isopropyl alcohol to make oil from the treated bud.

I've made Oil before using this method hXXp://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f60/rick-simpsons-healing-oil-make-medicine-14982

I feel that the finished product will be completely fine for consumption after its gone through the process.

Grower13 said:
here is a free pic resizer.... easy to use..... just down load it..... been using it for years. welcome to MP btw..

hxxp://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/download
I can't install programs on this computer due to restrictions placed from the administrator. I can't resize the image that way. Again thanks for all the quick replies guys, I appreciate it. Please let me know what I need to do!

nignog420 said:
I understand that you wouldn't want to click on a link because you don't want your browser to re-direct you but you can always manually type it in and then you won't have to worry. In fact if you wanna verify the source of the link ping it. Open your command prompt on your computer from Start. In the search box type cmd and press enter then type the url into the black box. Now it will give you an ip address, use that ip address against the real websites url to verify its legitimacy. I do not have the required permissions on this computer to install programs so I'm unable to resize the pictures on this website.
This all may be true, sure we could do all this to ensure our security, but please do not forget who you are dealing with. We are all a bunch of potheads at heart and most will not go through all the hoops for something like that. If you really want / need the help it would probably serve you well to take the time to post the pics to this site so more people will actually look at them.

nignog420 said:

LOL--we are not going to do that. As a user of this forum, you do need to abide by the rules. I have edited your other post with a direct link, taking the direct link out. Further direct links will be deleted.

Whose computer are you using that you cannot install programs? Who is the administrator?

Many of us resize with Paint--a program that is already on virtually ALL PCs

I am not sure but I believe that you can get a small sulfer burner and place in the room and run for a shorter period to eliminate any mold spore spread. If you noticed that the smell left the grow space when you pulled that one out then you may actually be safe from the others getting more than a few spores. I think you can get the sulfer burners at most hydro shops.

You also said that you are running a 200cfm fan for exaust. That is way under powered for that size space especially through a filter. It sounds like you are running either a computer fan or a duct fan. To properly pull air out of the tent you will need a centrifugal type fan that develops vacuume to draw the air out of the tent, which will then pull fresh air in from the bottom passive intakes. Your temps and RH should be ok but not pulling fresh air into that small a space will create a stagnant air bubble around the plant which could have allowed some mold spores to germinate. I would look into getting a better exaust fan if that is whats happened.

so you got buds and some furry white stuff looking like mold on your plants---is it only on the bud---or on stem and leaf---how far from harvest are you---if the furry white stuff is only in the 1 spot---i would not spray anything---definitely not anything oil based---but just prune it---after you are done cleaning the tent and setting up the proper exhaust---inspect every inch of every plant before you put them back in and keep your eye on them for any more new growth---might want to re-direct your fans to blow under the canopy too---jmo

Latest posts

Back