Please HELP identify strain...(pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Borker

Reaction score
A friend of my just finished her first grow. She was given 3 half dead clones by another friend who got them from a Co-op. He told her the Co-op guy "Wasn't sure what they were" and "They just need a little love."

Now that she has finished the grow she was asking me if I could tell what strain they are, and I'm not sure...

When she trimmed them she said the resin on her fingers smelled like lemon, However when I smelled the buds cured in a jar they smelled kind of cheesy. I would describe the high as a soaring and uplifting kind of sativa type high, but it is very stoney too. Do these traits sound familiar to anybody?

Here is the photo diary she sent me from a few weeks of veg, then 5 weeks into flowering, then when she cut them, and finally the dried buds..Any help would be appreciated....

mp1.jpg

mp2.jpg

mp3.jpg

mp4.jpg

mp7.jpg

mp6.jpg

mp5.jpg

mpbuds.jpg

unfortunetly no one will be able to tell you what they are, if anyone claims to know i would be suspicious, there just is no way to tell, but if it is good smoke, who cares.

Pick seven looks like some dank!

Yeah looks like ya got a Purple Tally Whacker, a Wig Wom Widow, and a Cat's Meow.....the dried nugz look just like some of that LipStick Thespian I just smoked.:rolleyes:

Dman is right...no one can tell the strain by looks alone. They might tell ya what ya want to hear though. If it smokes like Dank it's Dank....don't matter who bred it or what strain it is. JMO

Yeah I understand and appreciate what you are saying. I think the strain is trying to be determined to aid in the offloading of excess ounces.... if you get what i mean.

thanks for your replies though!

There is NO ONE who can tell strain by looking at a plant or by smoking it. There are simply far too many strains and crosses to even hazard a guess.

Nice looking buds thou :aok:

You might be able to tell if you have something like ducksfoot by looking the alive plant but otherwise very difficult.

I had one cut turn out a little different than the rest once. I just figured they got mixed up at the co-op. I ended up calling it Scooby-Doo Kush because it was a mystery but it was definitely Kushy in appearance and bouquet. It tasted great and packed a decent punch. Nobody turned down a puff of the Scooby-Doo because they weren't positive of it's genetics. . .

Everyone here is wrong! What you have there is some Lemon Skunk. Because I said so....

Latest posts

Back