Please help me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confused Me

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ehm, to make a long story short, I am a non-smoker but my boyfriend is a smoker and the entire thing concerns me somewhat... I mean, you know we hear the kind of stuff that smoking makes you go nuts at the age of 40 and everything... Now I really love him a lot more than saying "weed or me" and I feel bad about telling him not to smoke because he likes it so much, but I care about him and I am genuinely worried that it might damage his brain or something later... but since we are both young university students at the moment, and we are likely to rely on our thinking and "intellect" in our future lives too, I really don't want him to be damaged by temporary pleasure. I have even considered trying pot myself just to figure out why oh why he likes it so much, but I admit I am a chicken - but, ok, what do you expect from an 18-yr-old??

Anyway, I don't trust any of the "research" going on about it - being a budding scientist I am fully aware that all those research groups need to be funded, and those funding them will only give funding for certain types of outcomes... But the thing is that I want to know the truth... and for that reason I would like to do some real research myself... and for that I would like to ask your help.

All it would involve is answering a few questions, completely anonymously, like how old you are, what is your job and what is your highest level of education, for how long you have smoked and how much do you smoke, and if you take any other drugs (incl. alcohol and tobacco, those can really alter the results!).. and then I would ask you to do a short IQ test or something (of course everyone would need to do the same test, and I would ask you also how long it was before the test that you last smoked) and ask you very kindly to tell the results HONESTLY to me... I wouldn't need your name or location or anything, not even your email address if you PM me the entire thing... I wouldn't publish the results anywhere (heck, what kind of crappy journal would publish that!?) and you would never hear from me again (unless you want to
tongue.gif
)... all I would ask for is that you are 100% honest with the information you provide. It would only take a few minutes of your time, but it is likely to save a relationship...

Please please help me.... the more people participate, the better. I have promised myself (and my boyfriend) that if the results show that marijuana doesn't affect brain function in a bad way then I'll never again talk pot with him again...
tongue.gif

I really respect people's right to do whatever they think is good for them and I have no problem with you guys smoking at all... I just care about my boyfriiiiieeeeend....!!
frown.gif
I do hope there will be at least some of you who will try to understand, who will trust my sincerity in writing this, and who would like to help a desperate girlfriend. :Blush: Just PM me or email me or something if you would like to participate...

All the best, and happy smoking...
Z

Welcome to the forum.

Yes there are a lot of rumors about MJ. Most of them are completely false. That is a fact. The War on Drugs has bred a completely false impression on the general public regarding Marijuana. It is a fact some out there desperately need MJ to survive medically. Our Federal Government will not fund research and re-schedule the drug. Making any progress on medical legalization at a federal level almost at a halt. The reason why...money. I will tell you no one has ever died from marijuana use. FACT. No evidence that Marijuana use causes brain damage. FACT. Marijuana use makes you lethargic and lose ambition. Well that is up for debate. I think if your lazy to begin with it doesn't really matter if you smoke or not. You lazy either way. hahahahaha.

I caution other members to really think about the questions before answering to ensure you are not incriminating yourself. This is no reflection on you "Confused Me". Security and anonymity is #1 always. So carefully do this if you wish. IMHO

I think any kind of research that aids in the legalization in Marijuana is great, but I am always looking over my shoulder.;)
Again welcome to the forum. Browse around there a very intelligent professional people that are members. Might learn a thing or two. ;)

follow your hart (forget the iq test ) peace ,love ,rasta (glad you made a long story short )

hi. i will be 40 this year and have smoking weed since i was 15. not only have i been smoking since i was 15 but for the past 10 years i have smoked almost every day. i have no signs of dain bramage what so ever. hope this helps.

Hi all,

Thanks for the friendly responses. :) Well the problem with online forums is that you really can't "prove yourself"... How could I prove to you that I really am genuine?? But the thing is, all this would involve is answering the following questions:

(0) Do you currently consume marijuana?)
1) How old are you?
2) What is your job?
3) For how long have you consumed marijuana?
4) How much do you consume a week? (in grams)
5) Do you take any other drugs - tobacco and alcohol included
6) Can you do the 10-min IQ test at http://www.intelligencetest.com/ , and honestly tell me the results, together with how long time has elapsed since you smoked last?

I won't ask your name, your location, or anything like that... and you can even PM me, I'll never know your real name or email address or anything about you... All I ask is that you are honest with the results, because otherwise it's messed up from the beginning.

Ah, we just live in a totally messed up world where nobody can trust anyone automatically. :(

Anyway, thanks again for the kind responses, I guess I'll stick around for a while yet. :D

All the best,
Z.

Hi Ogof,

Well I do take things seriously, I do love him very much and I am a student of statistics btw. :p

You have all right to think I am nuts, but then I too have the right to be nuts. ;)

And of course nobody is forced to answer any of my questions.

Best regards and happy smoking. :)
Z.

(0) Do you currently consume marijuana?) ...Daily
1) How old are you? .....50 yrs young
2) What is your job? ....owner operator of a small business for 20 yrs
3) For how long have you consumed marijuana?.....30+ yrs
4) How much do you consume a week? (in grams) ....20-30 g p/week
5) Do you take any other drugs....cigarettes & caffiene (no prescription drugs or other recreational drugs)

I'll get back with you on the IQ numbers..(this should be interesting)..:p

in the interest of "fairness" I was interupted by grandchildren during the "timed" test.
It says "Age adjusted"..? does that compensate for grandchildren?..:D

Well, I feel dumb. 86. but damn. I'm dyslexic. those shapes and number sequences bent my head up. If you have kids or grandkids runnin around Hick I think they drain a few points from ya. hahahahahaha

Further note: how come everyone of those freakin things I take my score varies all over the place??? I go from Forrest Gump to brain dead. hahahahaha

dont take this personally but my moms a counselor so thats why im like this.......i think its not your boyfriend who has a problem i think its you... if your 18 and your still *sketchy* about the idea of pot of pot then you must have grown up very protected here u go

The effects of smoking Cannabis are usually lighter than those of many other recreational psychoactive substances. People are generally capable of carrying out normal actions and activities while high.

POSITIVE
  • mood lift, euphoria
  • laughter
  • relaxation, stress reduction
  • creative, philosophical or deep thinking : ideas flow more easily
  • increased appreciation of music. More aware of, deeper connection to music.
  • increased awareness of senses. (eating, drinking, smell)
  • change in experience of muscle fatigue. Pleasant body feel. Increase in body/mind connection.
  • pain relief (headaches, cramps)
  • reduced nausea, increased appetite (used medically for this)
  • boring tasks or entertainment can become more interesting or funny
NEUTRAL
  • general change in consciousness (as with many psychoactives)
  • increased appetite, snacky-ness
  • slowness (slow driving, talking)
  • change in vision such as sharpened colors or lights
  • closed-eye visuals (somewhat uncommon)
  • tiredness, sleepiness, lethargy
  • stimulation, inability to sleep (less common)
  • blood shot eyes (more common with certain varieties of cannabis and inexperienced users)
  • mouth dryness, sticky-mouth (varies with strain)
  • interrupts linear memory. Difficulty following a train of thought.
  • cheek, jaw, facial tension / numbness (less commonly reported)
  • racing thoughts (especially at high doses)
  • increased emotional impact of music
  • Time sense altered: cars seem like they are moving too fast, time dilation and compression are common at higher doses
NEGATIVE
  • nausea, especially in combination with alcohol, some pharmaceuticals, or other psychoactives
  • coughing, asthma, upper respiratory problems
  • difficulty with short term memory during effects and during periods of frequent use
  • racing heart, agitation, feeling tense
  • mild to severe anxiety
  • panic attacks in sensitive users or with very high doses (oral use increases risk of getting too much)
  • headaches
  • dizziness, confusion
  • lightheadedness or fainting (in cases of lowered blood pressure)
  • paranoid & anxious thoughts more frequent
  • possible psychological dependence on cannabis
  • clumsiness, loss of coordination at high doses
  • can precipitate or exacerbate latent or existing mental disorders
WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS
  • mild to moderate, non life-threatening withdrawal symptoms occur after daily use in some users. These may last for 1-6 weeks after cessation of use and can include anxiety, anhedonia (reduced experience of pleasure), headaches, general unease/discomfort, difficulty sleeping, and a desire to smoke pot. Severity of symptoms is related to frequency of use and individual sensitivity.
  • slight loss of appetite
  • finding non-stoned life a bit dull, increased boredom

B. Grunt welcome to the forest gump club. Your the grand poobah though your a point higher than me.
00000003.gif

Wooow, thanks a lot, and gosh, what a friendly bunch you are. :blush:

It's nice that I am getting some results... and don't worry guys, so far it actually seems the pot smokers are doing BETTER than non-smokers. :) Of course I don't have enough results yet to conclude that clearly, it's also possible that the difference is not significant and cannabis doesn't have any effect on the cognitive function at all, but it's incredible how many lies there are out there. Just read this paragraph:

"Marijuana use impairs function in all areas

Psychological tests measuring intelligence, memory, and other mental functions, were given to 26 heavy cannabis users and compared with a control group by Varma reported in the journal Drug and Alcohol Dependence, vol. 21, pp. 147-152, 1988. A heavy cannabis user was defined as a person consuming cannabis for five years, 20 or more times per month, with a daily intake equivalent to 150 mg of delta-9 THC, 3 to 5 joints depending on the concentration.

Commentary: These authors found that the cannabis users, with an average of 6.8 years of use, were found to react very slowly in performing motor tasks, but more importantly, suffered disability in personal, social, and vocational areas. They also indicated a higher score for neurotic and psychotic behaviour. This is consistent with several other recent studies linking marijuana smoking to behavioural problems. "

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~apfdfy/Research.html

That entire page is full of so-called "scientific research" about cannabis... And seriously, it really looks like it's all LIES, LIES LIES!!!!! How can people make such profound statements and publish "results" in a scientific journal when their experiments cannot be reproduced, the number of participants is crucially low and their results are untrustworthy!?! How can a scientific journal accept such "research" - statements like "impairs function in all areas", based on 26 people, dammit... "Research", my <Bodypart>! I hate false science. :angry:

And yes I am very sorry that I couldn't believe either side without seeing, but if you come from a background where it is indoctrinated into you that pot is evil stuff, and you try to look at the "science" out there with an unbiased perspective then you really can't decide what to believe. The amount of anti-pot propaganda is amazing - at least as much as pro-pot propaganda, for that matter. My results aren't less proper "research" than what these "scientists" have done, and they won't convince anyone but me, but for me personally that's enough. They really put my mind at ease about all this.

Thanks a lot. You're helping me heaps. You're a great bunch.
Z

I'm always more than happy to have the oppurtunity to "convert" a "non-believer"..:p An open mind is usually quick to realize the many untruths circulated about mj.

Sadly to say the U.S. is leading the anti-cannabis crusade and backed by large corporations that stand a lot to lose if cannabis was allowed for med users nation wide. Relaxed cannabis laws would reduce prison populations by half along with a lot of law enforcement. Politicians are financed by these corporations that lavish them with "gifts".
In general my point is not to convince the govt that cannabis is a medicinal herb as they know full well that it is. Educating the masses and acceptance of the truth by the majority of the population is the only way this nation will ever allow a nationwide relaxation of its cannabis laws. Its all about money!

Here are a
couple of links, if you're truely interested.
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Common/Committee_SenRecentReps.asp?Language=E&Parl=37&Ses=1
http://www.montananorml.org/docs/McPartland-Russo-JCANT-1-3-4-2001.pdf

http://www.cannabis-med.org/jcant/russo_chronic_use.pdf
http://www.acmed.org/jcant/jcant1(3-4).htm

Hick said:
Hi Hick,

Thanks for the links - for some reason they don't work very well when you click on them, there's like an extra "http" and "%20", I don't know why - but even when you remove those things the second link doesn't seem to work for me.

Anyway, they are really interesting - I have learned a lot from the third: almost all the negative resuts come from ONE publication.

Hehe, Cannabis actually starts to look like really cool stuff, I guess I'm gonna join my boyfriend one day! :) How can it be taken without smoking it - I don't want to inhale... Can you eat it or make tea of it or something? Is it likely that I would get bad feelings, anxiety, panic attacks, that kind of stuff - instead of good things like relaxation or happiness? How much do you need of it for a general comfortable soothing effect and not a super-high high (given a quite small body :p), and how quickly do you feel the effect?

All the best,
Z

yes confused, they are pretty "old" links. Some info may have been moved or deleted. Sorry.
Ingesting mj without smoking is pretty easily and commonly done.
Check out the Section on our board entitled "Marijuanna Cuisine-Recipes and Cooking"
Lotsa' cool ideas there.
mmmmmmmmmmm...."brownies!!!" ;)

not to sound all mean or anything but smoking it is the fastest and easiest way and yes inhale you dont want to sound like bill clinton lol all you need is about 2 goos tokes from good chronic and it will give you a decent high...if inhaled...and hold in...and i smoke daily and as soon as my high bout to go away i pack another bowl and keep getting stoned all day and i started when i was 15 only smoked for 2 years daily still doing good and i do very good in sports not slow or anything i dont get tired fast soo herb aint slowing me down i like to play soccer when im high makes it more interesting sorry for the spelling i aint all so good at that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back