Please!!! Help Multiple Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jash said:
as haze said you have a good bulb and hood,for me that should be enough for 8-10 plants-my 430w is ok for 6 plants in 7sq ft..6oow puts out a lot of heat and you def need more vent in there,another one to think about is adding a tempered glass to your hood-that will allow you grow much much closer to the bulb and will cut some of the heat,then adding a big oscilating fan just out of the cab would be good idea also,in the middle of the summer my temps in the closet were at a range of 85-94 with the 430w-but the big fan (16''50w)and the hood glass helped a lot to drop and keep temps at 85-86 i also used to keep all windows to that part of the house wide open to help air cilculation, now that the summer has finished temps are ok at 77-82(50wfan is on always)

Hey Jash,

8 - 10 plants huh? :shocked: Damn do i feel like big energy waster... i am only growing one plant!!! I had two.. but one parted... "See ya at the crossroads... crossroads"...:D

I will post how big my grow area is next time... I cant seem to find my measurement tape :angrywife: ...

Ohhh, i do have a glass under my hood... all i need to do now is take the blower and the carbon filter out of the grow area...

Thanks a lot for your tips and info... btw, are you growing? i would like to see some pics of your setup if you have any...

Peace... :cool:

toniC said:
Damn... look at those babies now...

How many females/males do you have again?

Hi Tonic,

Thanks for jumping in and sharing your opinions... i have one girl... she is short and small... she is in very good shape considering EVERYTHING that she has gone through... i am still hoping to get her back healthy and in shape... She is still showing some yellowness.. do you guys suggest i cut the leaves that are almost all dead? these are some pictures that i've taken... it seems to me that i am seeing more green than before :woohoo: what do you guys/gals think?

Btw, i do think i have some buds.. maybe they are not reay for harvest but i do have some (or so i think)...

Keep your grow healthy... any pics of your setup?

Thanks again...

Cuzigothigh....

Hi Guys,

Seeing that i can grow between 6 - 10 plants with the light and hood i have, do you guys suggest i take the bulb and hood i have and downgrade???

What should kind of wattage should i aim for? with the given setup that i have? Somehting ideal, not under and of course, not over, but something in the middle or specifically for one plant. I will find my measurement tape tomorrow and give you guys the dimesnions of my grow area.

Thanks a lot for the help!!!!

:D

No problem, I think its cool checking out other people's grow.

Right now im just trying to get most of the materials I need... I'm still trying to come up with a nice grow station/box/cabinet. I seen this cabinet at Menards a couple days ago, only problem is I keep having second thoughts about my lights.

toniC said:
No problem, I think its cool checking out other people's grow.

Right now im just trying to get most of the materials I need... I'm still trying to come up with a nice grow station/box/cabinet. I seen this cabinet at Menards a couple days ago, only problem is I keep having second thoughts about my lights.

Are you trying to grow under the stairs? I think that post is yours...

Well anything you decide to grow... Good Luck!!!!!

Keep us informed once you decide what you are going to do...

cuzigothigh

Nah man, in like this cabinet thing... bout 5 ft. tall 2 ft. wide...

done harvest of my 1st attempt and now im cleaning the whole bedroom,closet,bulb,hood etc,no particular setup-im using our 2nd bedroom-just a closet with the doors open,two fans,one small inside,the 50w oscilating fan just outside of the closet as i didnt cut intake-exaust holes yet,as i told u i use to open all windows in bedroom-this way im keeping good air circulation and drop temps.thats all,its working fine for me,

jash said:
done harvest of my 1st attempt and now im cleaning the whole bedroom,closet,bulb,hood etc,no particular setup-im using our 2nd bedroom-just a closet with the doors open,two fans,one small inside,the 50w oscilating fan just outside of the closet as i didnt cut intake-exaust holes yet,as i told u i use to open all windows in bedroom-this way im keeping good air circulation and drop temps.thats all,its working fine for me,

I was planning on doing the same thing.. but i eneded up placing the cab in our room.. oh well.. maybe next grow ill place it in the another closet or something... Good luck with your grow:cool:

Nvm... I see the post you made about your lights.

im happy that the summer has finished,now my temps going to be always at a good range, im planing to extend on the next closet in that room (need a veg closet also),with one closet only u have one harvest every 3-4months and thats so little eh?just had an argue with my wife about the space...(got out her books,old cd etc..haha)

Jash, i'm new to growing... I'll be starting my first grow soon. I have a question, will a couple plants stink up the whole room?

toniC said:
Jash, i'm new to growing... I'll be starting my first grow soon. I have a question, will a couple plants stink up the whole room?
plants always smells,during veg ihad a lot of green smell disperding in the house,then during flower less,depends from strain also,i used bagseed but i know that a skunk strain could be a lots lots stronger and fill the house of MJ odor

Ok, I though intake and exhaust fans can be used to take the smell out of the grow cabinet... but what do I do about the stink in the room? This is one of my biggest problems right now, help! :D

you should use a carbon filter,i dont now much about this cause i really dont mind about odor,try to search at posted threads or start a new one

I checked out one of those post... I can't really afford a REAL carbon filter... so im going to have to make one.

wish u good luck with this.why u need desperatelly this carbon filter?parents involved?

this is bad,are u growing in a closet?what if your mom comes to clean up the room?

nah dude, it's not really my room... I just hang out out there. I was like "hey mom, im getting this cabinet thing to put my stuff in." Mom says "What stuff?" "Just like games and magazines and cds and ****."

Latest posts

Back