please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvester

old dog with new tricks
Reaction score
hey guys and gals every thing was going swimmingly in the 8th week of veg. when yesterday they started wilting a little at the tops and there is a yello rim around one of the plants leaves im all set to go to flower but i need to fix this fast please help...

Gary 021.jpg

Gary 022.jpg

Gary 023.jpg

Gary 024.jpg

Gary 025.jpg

Gary 026.jpg

the soil is miricale grow potting soil organic mix steady release nutes. the light is a 400 watt hps. if this helps. i dont think it under watering cause i havent changed the routine...

Looks like nute burn or thrips to me. my screen isn't the greatest tho..

I would flush the soil heavily! you shouldnt have used MG....

Actually i take that back, MG nutes are released based on watering, so the more watering the more nutes will be released. I would let it dry out pretty good, and then once the soil is fairly dry still, but wet enough to maintain the plant, then slowly feed the plant again. This time change up your watering amount and times....dont water as much, and do it LESS frequently....Better to have little waters less frequently it seems with your soil!

again, i totaly do not recommend using MG soil EVER!

Nova

well how are you watering

if your doing flood and drain if so thats the problem with miracle grow

seeing how they have time released nutes when water hits it

thrips is an insect that finds its way into some peoples plants

thats not thrips its nute burn

how bout i do a complete flush out after the soil has completly dried out wont that completly dilute the nutes ?and then feed them myself the rest of the way????

well the organic mg potting mix feeds up to 3 months on its own

have you been adding nutes to the water before watering

f you set plants up on a weekly fertilization schedule, make sure to flush containers every 30 days with 2-3 times the volume of weak nutrient solution (5-10 percent mix) as growing medium. This flush will wash out excess fertilizer salts that have built up. Also, make sure 10-20 percent of each irrigation drains out the bottom of the growing container to keep salt buildup to a minimum.

also depending on the strain sativas tend to need less nutes than indicas
so ive heard

Smelly Jelly said:
well the organic mg potting mix feeds up to 3 months on its own

have you been adding nutes to the water before watering
no havent feed them anything i figured the mg did that but i had them on a pretty routine watering scheuald of just giving them just a drink every 2-3 days except 3 days ago i gave them all a verry big drink do you think this contributes?

i would just go light on the water and im sure you will see a change

usually plants dont show a sign of problems until up to 2 weeks after this occurs

also it doesnt look like a bad case its just a slight discoloration

Smelly Jelly said:
well how are you watering

if your doing flood and drain if so thats the problem with miracle grow

seeing how they have time released nutes when water hits it

......"flood and drain".. Isn't that a form of hydro'?? :confused:

IMHO.. the wilting hasn't anything to do with the soil or it's nutrients.
Have they been in the same soil/pot for the entire 8 weeks?..
Plant to pot size can affect watering schedules. Big plants in insufficient sized pots can cause need for more frequent waterings.
Have you checked the ph of your runoff??
Temps at canopy level??
IMO, nute burn should be showing more on the newer, upper growth.
Heres a link on http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7429.html thrips.

Latest posts

Back