Please help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxism

Reaction score
Posted this in another section but feel this is the appropriate place to post.

First of all hello everyone its great to be here.

I am a new grower/first time grower. I travel a lot between Australia and south-east Asia, where I have my business.

Anyway, I recently received this plant as a gift and I would like to ask if anyone could help me to identify the species/strain? It looks like a ruderalis to me, which makes sense given my current location, but I really am not sure - it could is a mixed strain with the Sativa for example. If anyone could help me to identify this strain I would much appreciate it in order to give it the proper care it deserves.

9343824D-A214-4591-A6AC-B4CCC6543AF8.jpeg

S__7135500.jpg

Hello Maxism and welcome aboard.

Can you share anymore information on the plant?

Can you ask the person who gifted you the plant? Maybe ask them where they got the plant?

Otherwise , identifying your plant with just a photo is practically impossible.

Cheers
big

Hello Maxism and welcome aboard.

Can you share anymore information on the plant?

Can you ask the person who gifted you the plant? Maybe ask them where they got the plant?

Otherwise , identifying your plant with just a photo is practically impossible.

Cheers
big

Thank you big fort your replay,

I have lost contact with that person. When he left Asia he gave me all his stuff including this plant.

Isn't there a way to identify by observing the leaves, stem, or flowers (when they eventually appear?) In addition, for the time being should I be trimming dead leaves or should I give it more time for growth? It's the Asian wet season now, should I be taking then plant into a warm room at night?

I have PTSD and cannabis does wonders for this condition. Also it is extremely hard to get gunja in this part of the world (legal reasons) so this very plant is a God-send for me, hence the reason my expat buddy gave it to me before returning to the US. If I can continue to grow more from this existing plant, for personal use in future, no more docs for me :) This will also be a new growing experience for me. With the previous in mind I really don't want to lose this plant because it is virtually impossible to get another - I appreciate any help I can get regarding species, growth, care, etc.

PS I've done a stack of research and from what I can gather knowing the strain/species goes a long way in caring for the plant. So may dilemma is I can't do specific research because I don't know what it is - rock and a hard place situation :)

Looks sativa ish to me but I’m no expert. You will see more as it grows.

Yes the long stem indicates this...and the sativa is native to this part of Asia. I would love it to be a sativa, as apposed to being a ruderalis, which has low levels of THC. Will post updates...wish me luck

Your plant looks healthy. What kind of soil are you using and what kind of nutrients?

Even if you do not know the genetics , you can still grow a healthy plant and harvest some flowers.

Once your plant gets bigger and starts flowering , you might get a few clues to her lineage just from the fragrances. From sweet fruity smells to some fuel chemical diesel smells to some dank earthy chocolate smells and even peppery anise flavors.

In the meantime , take care of her , trim off the dead and dying leaves is ok to do and when it gets about twice the size , you can take a few clones off her and grow some more , providing that it is good weed.

Good luck and keep,us posted.

Your plant looks healthy. What kind of soil are you using and what kind of nutrients?

Even if you do not know the genetics , you can still grow a healthy plant and harvest some flowers.

Once your plant gets bigger and starts flowering , you might get a few clues to her lineage just from the fragrances. From sweet fruity smells to some fuel chemical diesel smells to some dank earthy chocolate smells and even peppery anise flavors.

In the meantime , take care of her , trim off the dead and dying leaves is ok to do and when it gets about twice the size , you can take a few clones off her and grow some more , providing that it is good weed.

Good luck and keep,us posted.

Hello Bigsur and thank you kindly for your response.

I am using a mix of NPK3 plant food, (also black, rich, earthy, fine soil common to the north of this region), perlite, (increasing gradually from 10% to 50%) of the soil mix over the next week or so, (may need to repot to mix in 50%), along with homemade compost of my own (basically leftover household scraps like tea, eggshells, and the like). I also just bought a Foxfarm trio (very expensive here), and will begin introducing it when it arrives around Wednesday. But Im not sure if that is necessary while using the NPK3? or should I use both Foxfarm trio with the NPK3? Please advice?

Definitely looking forward to the smells, how long before I see any buds based on the size of the main plant now? And will keep you posted :)

Last edited:
Hello Bigsur and thank you kindly for your response.

I am using a mix of NPK3 plant food, (also black, rich, earthy, fine soil common to the north of this region), perlite, (increasing gradually from 10% to 50%) of the soil mix over the next week or so, (may need to repot to mix in 50%), along with homemade compost of my own (basically leftover household scraps like tea, eggshells, and the like). I also just bought a Foxfarm trio (very expensive here), and will begin introducing it when it arrives around Wednesday. But Im not sure if that is necessary while using the NPK3? or should I use both Foxfarm trio with the NPK3? Please advice?

Definitely looking forward to this smells, how long before I see any buds based on the size of the main plant now? And will keep you posted :)
Are you growing outdoors or in artificial light?
Unless it is some sort of auto flower it will depend on lighting.

Are you growing outdoors or in artificial light?
Unless it is some sort of auto flower it will depend on lighting.
Never used the NPK3 but no you don’t need both.
That fox farms trio and cal mag is all I am using right now. I might use some other additives in flower stage. Just research everything and ph is key!

There is a feeding chart online about how much and when to use it.
Too many nutrients is bad for it too.

Hi Airbone,

Outside daytime, inside at night with fan...(rainy season here so I can't get them wet) - still have significant sun during the day, then the rain starts at night or late afternoon. So it's the night I'm concerned about - being in the bathroom with those artificial lights..two LED lights left on till 12 midnight, then I turn off the lights to gain six hours of darkness. See pic below for lighting at night said bathroom - is it enough light?

Im figuring, though, if it is a sativa then it should be hardy enough to survive the night in that bathroom - question is have I assumed correctly :)

Or perhaps I should put it under cover and leave it outside? I have some very bright spotlights around my house...would that be better?

this...said bathroom...is it enough light? 12hrs sun outside/6 hours bath room with light/6 hours darkness no light. Note the black garbage bag covering window so its complete darkness 6 hours.

lighting.jpg

Absolutely listen to pute, he probably forgot more than I know about growing.

Mine are under 2 led light fixtures in a grow tent. I keep them on a 18 hrs on and 6 hrs dark cycle. Once they get mature enough I will switch light cycle to 12/12.

I don’t know how your light cycle is out there. But if it’s outdoors it will change to flower stage once light is under about 14 hrs of daylight.

Mine are under 2 led light fixtures in a grow tent. I keep them on a 18 hrs on and 6 hrs dark cycle. Once they get mature enough I will switch light cycle to 12/12.

I don’t know how your light cycle is out there. But if it’s outdoors it will change to flower stage once light is under about 14 hrs of daylight.
Bathroom light might be too little, I am using 2 1000 watt led fixtures.

Hi Airbone, presently 13 hours of daylight (5:30am-6:30pm - nights are quite bright here. Should I leave the spotlight on? Or just rely on street light/moonlight?

will send pic tonight of spotlight. We are 12 hours ahead of you guys here. I’m in the AM now

Latest posts

Back