Please take a look at my first offspring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After about 5 grows, I did a ‘back of the napkin’ calculation of my cost per ounce and came out to about $10/ounce(not gram) and I didn’t factor in the edibles I made(and my first attempt died due to Damprid getting into my drip pans-that’ll kill a plant lickety-split). I am not sure what your harvest will yield but you also need to think about the fun you had and the knowledge you gained(as well as the laughs you have had from all of the comedians on here) in that $500 vs yield. Even if you decide to not grow for a while(or ever again) you have had quite the experience.

After about 5 grows, I did a ‘back of the napkin’ calculation of my cost per ounce and came out to about $10/ounce(not gram) and I didn’t factor in the edibles I made(and my first attempt died due to Damprid getting into my drip pans-that’ll kill a plant lickety-split). I am not sure what your harvest will yield but you also need to think about the fun you had and the knowledge you gained(as well as the laughs you have had from all of the comedians on here) in that $500 vs yield. Even if you decide to not grow for a while(or ever again) you have had quite the experience.

Heh, I can't say I had FUN. I have a knack for small DIY projects, so that definitely helped. Money isn't that important, it's just a little detail I didn't think about until now.

Like I said earlier, I definitely want to grow some Shiva in a few months or so. Depends when I run out of the product I have now. We'll see!

I still have no idea how many g's I'll get out of this. It's hard to give a rough estimate when you're a rookie. It'll probably be more than enough for just one person with a vaporizer who doesn't even smoke that much.

I was going to hang them with clips, but then I decided I wanted to be done with the whole process after 3h of cutting and sorting. I don't know if it makes that much a difference. Also, I'm going to make some bubble hash later with the trim I saved.

I learned a few very important things, though. My next grow will be waaaay more efficient. Single plant, putting seedling under lights ASAP, topping ASAP, lollipopping, the works 👍
Nice Job

It's been a week since cutting. Stems snap easily and buds are dry to the touch. I'll remove all the unnecessary parts and move the buds to the jars today. I'll save sugar leaves for the hash.

It's been a week since cutting. Stems snap easily and buds are dry to the touch. I'll remove all the unnecessary parts and move the buds to the jars today. I'll save sugar leaves for the hash.
Burp them jars everyday, I use small humidity meters (cheap on ebay) to get an idea when to stop burping, I seal mine up for curing at 60%

I just did the first batch (1 out of 2 plants). Goodness gracious, that's a lot of weed. I filled a single jar to the brim and got two big handfuls of trim. Yeah, I know the jar's only supposed to be about 75% filled, don't worry. I also know about the burping.

I'll post some numbers when I'm done 100%!

Total yield - 81g. Definitely made my money back :cool:

Considering it's from two plants it's not great, BUT it's just for me. Also, I only smoke 100-150mg a day (yep, you didn't misread that). I use a small vaporizer and it's amazing how much more efficient it is in comparison with smoking joints etc. I waited many years for something like that.

Reminder - I made a comprehensive guide for converting wardrobes into lightproof growboxes. It's in the Growroom Setup & Design section.

Thanks again to all the helpful people in this thread! I'll probably be back in a few months when I start growing some Shiva. This time there will be roots, stems or leaves. JUST BUDS. Ha!

I'm back because I want to share some thoughts. The whole endeavor has been a moderate success.

I stuffed two average sized plants into a small container, one of them didn't get enough light (and maybe water, even though I watered both of them a LOT) and the product is barely usable. I can smoke a whole joint and it will just make me fell no too great.

The other plant seems like it lived up to most of its potential. The final product has a strong smell. Just a few tokes from my trusty vaporizer at 205°C are more than enough to make me want to lie down. Unfortunately, it's definitely the "couch lock" kind of high and not much else. Gorilla Glue is indica dominant and I should've taken that into consideration. Oh well.

All of that is of little concern to me since I learned a lot and I'm convinced that my next grow is going to be MUCH better. I already got some Sour Diesel (sativa dominant) seeds and lined the wardrobe with reflective foil. The whole setup is almost ready to go. Maybe I'll make another thread when I start.

Cheers!

I'm back because I want to share some thoughts. The whole endeavor has been a moderate success.

I stuffed two average sized plants into a small container, one of them didn't get enough light (and maybe water, even though I watered both of them a LOT) and the product is barely usable. I can smoke a whole joint and it will just make me fell no too great.

The other plant seems like it lived up to most of its potential. The final product has a strong smell. Just a few tokes from my trusty vaporizer at 205°C are more than enough to make me want to lie down. Unfortunately, it's definitely the "couch lock" kind of high and not much else. Gorilla Glue is indica dominant and I should've taken that into consideration. Oh well.

All of that is of little concern to me since I learned a lot and I'm convinced that my next grow is going to be MUCH better. I already got some Sour Diesel (sativa dominant) seeds and lined the wardrobe with reflective foil. The whole setup is almost ready to go. Maybe I'll make another thread when I start.

Cheers!
Good morning AA. Glad to hear you are starting up again. Looking forward to watching your grow. ✌️

Latest posts

Back