Please take a look at my first offspring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActivatedAlmonds52

Reaction score
This is Gorilla Glue in Eazy Plugs, day 8. I water them with a few big drops 3 times a day. No light schedule yet, they're just in my living room. Do they look OK?

I want to move them to plastic cups filled with Biobizz Light Mix and under my 250W MH lamp tomorrow or the day after. Supposedly 10 days is optimal.

Attachments

• gorilla1.jpg
    gorilla1.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 0
  • gorilla2.jpg
    gorilla2.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 0
Move them into solo cups they are way too stretched out. Move your light closer if you are under one.
Bury the stem so only a few inches are above soil, You don't want them to be long and lengthy or they will fall over and wither away.
1674998071522.png

They need more light to prevent that stretching. Yes they are are ready to be transplanted into cups too bury them deeper to cover up some of that stem but leave more room in the cup to add more soil later in case to have a bit more stretching. They need to be closer to the light tho if you can figure out a way or they will keep stretching reaching for the little light available

I now see that you have them in plugs
Transplant to their larger pots plugs and all.
Leave only a few inches above soil this time and move them closer to light so they do not stretch

As subby said, they need more light and as both big and weed said, transplant them burying the stems a bit. I would also get an fan blowing gently on them once you transplant(not before or bigs ‘timber’ prediction will come true). The fan will help to strengthen the stems. Also, ‘harden’ them off when introducing them to your MH light so you don’t burn them up.

They need more light to prevent that stretching. Yes they are are ready to be transplanted into cups too bury them deeper to cover up some of that stem but leave more room in the cup to add more soil later in case to have a bit more stretching. They need to be closer to the light tho if you can figure out a way or they will keep stretching reaching for the little light available

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'm moving them today!

They are gonna die if you don't get them deeper in soil for support. Next time allow for the plant to grow by planting low enough in the solo cup that you can fill in with soil as it grows.
They are not in soLo cups yet so they still have a chance. Bury them to their necks I say with enough room to add more soil

the red 20 oz beer cups would be useful too in certain conditions

like working through photoperiod seeds , culling males , runts , mutants , and selecting keepers

but yeah , 1 gallon pots would work ok but i would still do like Pute suggested

I just moved them to 1L plastic buckets (drilled some holes in the bottoms, of course) which I had handy. I put them pretty deep into the soil. Unfortunately the taproots were already sticking out of the bottoms of the plugs and bending sideways. I put a fan far away from them so that they wiggle just a little bit.

It's just the interim as I'm moving them into the tent and under the lamp on a 18/6 timer tonight.

I tried to be as gentle as possible, but I'm aware it may be too late for those babies. Keeping my fingers crossed. Oh well, all rookie mistakes.

By the way, what caused the stems to be this long?

Last edited:
I just moved them to 1L plastic buckets (drilled some holes in the bottoms, of course) which I had handy. I put them pretty deep into the soil. Unfortunately the taproots were already sticking out of the bottoms of the plugs and bending sideways. I put a fan far away from them so that they wiggle just a little bit.

It's just the interim as I'm moving them into the tent and under the lamp on a 18/6 timer tonight.

I tried to be as gentle as possible, but I'm aware it may be too late for those babies. Keeping my fingers crossed. Oh well, all rookie mistakes.

By the way, what caused the stems to be this long?
Low light levels cause the plants to stretch because they are seeking light. Also redder light will cause more stretch(‘soft’ or ‘warm’ light bulbs).

Latest posts

Back