Please tell me *** is going on here....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auggystyle

Reaction score
these plants are 3 weeks old today...2 were grown from seed...the other one is a clone....and the real small one was a clone just added a couple of days ago...the problem is the newer leaves have spots on them and i dont know where its coming from...

lighting - 400 watt HPS hanging overhead....mounted vertically on the wall is T-5 HO dual spectrum light that produces 10,000 lumens...

Hydro setup, ph is good 5.9 to 6.0 in that range...i grow in spring water...deer park...i have been using maxi gro, from GH....im under a full 24 hr light period...which i wish i would have just went with the 18/6 i cant see how it wouldnt be better...but a lot of people use the 24 hr light so i thougt i would give it a try...

problem - it seems like in between the veins its yellowing and getting those dots...ive looked at many pics and cant find anything that looks similar...any help would be great...

thanks

i forgot to mention....the temp is a constant 80, and the humidity is a constant 38%

another thing, the root system is getting huge...i change the newts every week, with fresh new spring water and newts....the plants are starting to drink a lot of water now....the hydro system holds 3 gallons and they are drinking about 1 inch of water every 24 hrs...i have been topping it off with plain spring water...could this be the problem? they are not getting enough micro nutrients? should i mix a gallon jug already with newts and top off the water that way?

(Edit by Stoney Bud)
I placed your pics on our server so that each member viewing them won't be going to a remote server each time. Doing that increases the chance of virus upload by including another system. Thanks. SB

gro_001.jpg

gro_002.jpg

gro_003.jpg

gro_004.jpg

gro_005.jpg

gro_006.jpg

gro_007.jpg

gro_008.jpg

auggystyle said:
the root system is getting huge...i change the newts every week, with fresh new spring water and newts....the plants are starting to drink a lot of water now....the hydro system holds 3 gallons and they are drinking about 1 inch of water every 24 hrs...i have been topping it off with plain spring water...could this be the problem? they are not getting enough micro nutrients? should i mix a gallon jug already with newts and top off the water that way?
Your system looks like a bubbler, is it?

If so, then massive root growth is common in that type of hydroponics. Think about an ebb and flow for your next crop.

If I follow you correctly, you're replacing 7 inches of nutrient solution with plain water each week.

That's not good. You should always replace the missing volume with a properly mixed nutrient solution. Test your reservoir, balance it with either pH up or down, test the ppm, and then add your new nutes each day and test your ppm again after adding. Adjust THEN with plain water if necessary.

Watch the plants. If the nutes look like they are too strong, then lighten up on your mix.

I think your plants may have a lack of N, resulting from the adding of so much plain water each week. Let's see what happens.

Watch them carefully. In hydro, plants react within hours, not days. They can be fixed the same way.

Good luck man!

That's not good. You should always replace the missing volume with a properly mixed nutrient solution. Test your reservoir, balance it with either pH up or down, test the ppm, and then add your new nutes each day and test your ppm again after adding. Adjust THEN with plain water if necessary.
I thought you were supposed to change the water completely every week and add plain water during the week for evaporation since nutrients don't evaporate, only water?

bombbudpuffa said:
I thought you were supposed to change the water completely every week and add plain water during the week for evaporation since nutrients don't evaporate, only water?
Nutrients are used by the plants. The amount used depends on the size of the plant and what stage of growth it's in of course. Changing out the nutrient every week in a bubbler is a good idea though, if it's large enough to require it. If the loss through attrition is enough to replenish with addition instead of replacement, then that would work as well.

Lot's of methods out there. The end result is a nutrient solution that is correct. There's more than one path to that result. The easiest is to replace the water every week, but it will cause your nutrient strength to fluctuate because of nutrient loss and dilution during the week.

Good luck man!

Latest posts

Back