Police find marijuana growing in Wyoming city's downtown flower pots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From Fox News

Police find marijuana growing in Wyoming city's downtown flower pots
kLW08-oX

By Robert Gearty | Fox News

A Wyoming city’s downtown decorative plant containers have gone to pot.

City of Powell workers tending to the planters found marijuana plants competing for space in three pots filled with marigolds and zinnias, the Billings Gazette reported Friday.

Powell Police Chief Roy Eckerdt suspects the weed grew from seeds planted by a prankster, the Powell Tribune reported Thursday.

“They recognized what it was once everything started to leaf out,” Eckerdt said of the workers who found the marijuana.

He said the marijuana plants are now evidence, the Gazette reported.

Parks Department boss Del Barton said it’s not the first time a marijuana plant has popped up in a city flower pot or landscaped bed.

“We’ve had incidents in the past where, for some unknown reason, people decide to put post seeds in the downtown—we have these large 100-gallon flower pots—and for some reason people like to put weed seeds in the flower pots,” he told the paper.

Powell’s downtown isn't protected by surveillance cameras.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/1...ng-in-wyoming-citys-downtown-flower-pots.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! This is a national news story! Really? lol ~ Burnin1

Last edited:
LOL, I kind of thought the same thing. "...the marijuana plants are now evidence." Seriously? Evidence? My word, pull the plants, throw them in the garbage and get on with life.

Dam dope smoking hippy liberals-- That's who be committing such a heinous crime !-- Remind me of Alice's Restaurant !

I've thought about doing something like this before.. it would be hilarious . My work just put in a new planter ... but it might be too dry for my little seed

I do this in the neighboring counties courthouse every time I'm over that way. They have the most awesome flower beds. An acquaintance of mine runs a little shop over there. He said it drives 'em nuts and evidently I'm not the only one that does it. Common prank I guess.

I read about people doing this year's ago. They even posted pictures of the plants. lol

I have always done this. A few years ago, I dumped my entire stash of 3 Ball jars full of seeds all over town. LOL I would just load one pocket in my jeans and toss handfuls of them wherever I went. Took me weeks to get rid of them all.

Had a bad crop of bag weed that went to seed and ended up with a zillion seeds. LOL I can't say I ever saw any of them come up. Mostly, never went back to check. But the few places I did check, nothing grew :(

My friends were calling me Johnny Referseed LOL

Latest posts

Back