Pollen Collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pollinated my skunky by a male lowryder and a lowryder fem. I wanted to control where seeds came from, at first I moistened a paper clip after collecting pollen and rolled the clip in it then slid it through the pistils. Then I decided wth, I sprayed down plants a little... then gravved a pen cap moistened that up and then slid that through pistils. The pen cap of a bic, its black, worked perfect cuz I could see pollin rubbin off.

gribb you tryin to sound smart but , i hope your female look better than you male next time bring your light closer to plant , and i dont want to offend you so dont get me wrong.

Dize nice job bro what i do is i take black paper and catch pollen on it and then gently shake paper over pistills , and after hour i just use a droper to put few drops of water on that pistils and thats the whole process.

i spray my plants with water every day, so ihope that anwser you question

PS my method sims to work couse my female its fatt and full of seeds :)

gribb you tryin to sound smart but , i hope your female look better than you male next time bring your light closer to plant , and i dont want to offend you so dont get me wrong....

lolololololol ok i will lolololololol thanks for the advice lololololol:)

OK i got BIG question :
how do you collect seeds ??

do wait until regural harvest date or something different couse my seeds look like they going to come out ,:( never did that before any help welcome :):)

i wait a week or two after harvest time is susposed to be... if there green than their still immiture... somtimes you can get them to mature throught the dry and cure process....or ill harvest whats not seeded and leave the rest to mature and ripen....gribb

Well I think pollinating the Lowryder fem worked, where the hairs were on the crown it looks like seed bulges mini green seeds.

Stinky my skunk musta thought lowryder sperm was too low brow for it lol I pollinated the heck outta her with lowryder pollen, no sign of seeds. She's a great plant only did 3 buds on her, want genes she is surprisingly awesome.

Lowryder pregnant fem is sexy, she is crystaly and looks like a bud already lol.

Brouli, how you doing man? Any chance you can take pics of seed bud. How many seeds you think you going to get more than ten?

Dizoelio said:
Well I think pollinating the Lowryder fem worked, where the hairs were on the crown it looks like seed bulges mini green seeds.

if the hairs are gone then you got her.. they usually stall out for a week then pick back up and take off.....the bracts will swell and split open to reveal your seeds.....some seeds mature in 2 weeks some 4 weeks dependendant upon varitiy and grow conditions.....i think its cool to watch the net crop form....gribb:D

Dizelio i will try to take pic later today when i will go over grow house :)

and i expecting oround 30 seeds maybe more ( i hope :) )
hmmmmmmmm so plant will stil grow when seeds will start to come out ??
couse mine alreade start to break and i can see seeds inside ??

what color were the seed you planted do you recall if so thats the color you want.. not green or white the part of the seed thats unexposed is still maturing they will literally fall out if you let them... i remembere one time i had 3 seedlings growing from one of the flowering plants that was finishing... couldnt figured it out.... till i smoked the bud..lol so if its all of that varity better be real sure there done..... or from what you posted inyr other tread youll end up with the same low germ rate.......bet my garden on that one..lol..some breeders are in too much of a hurry and buyers pay the price..and the breeders know this and still do it.... out of 10 seeds i expect 1 good female and one good male...i can make 10,000 seeds on one plant when its the only of the onlys.... and i want those beans..gribb:)

Seeds take 4 weeks minimum to form and mature to viability...minimum...

I roll with 6 weeks to be on the safe side and get more mature beans although I know 4 weeks is minimum. =)

@Gribb.No offence taken but pampering your males will not in any way improve the genetics of the pollen you collect but will hasten maturity.

Pollen only needs to be applied once to initiate seed formation but obviously repeated applications will produce more seeds although it shouldnt be done with less than 5 weeks to full maturity or you end up having immature seeds that need extra time on the plant so if its a selective pollination (only part of the plant is pollinated) the sensi virgin part of the plant will be over ripe which may not appeal to some folk.

Collect the seeds after the pot is dry as removing them by hand earlier is a pain.

Latest posts

Back