Pollenated Bud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilDad

Reaction score
Me again. Sorry, not sorry.

Was in trim jail this morning with my second Skunk autoflower and I got 19 mature seeds out of it. I never saw any male parts on the plant, so I was pleasantly surprised. It makes sense since the plant was pretty anemic and sad throughout its growth. I am sure the bud will smoke just fine (since I use a one-hitter, I won’t really have to worry about “popping blunts”). Since I didn’t see any male genitals, my wife conjectured that it was pollenated by a different plant from someone else likely growing nearby.

Since the plant seemed largely female, do you think the seeds will be largely female? You can only grow four plants in VA, so I don’t want to plant a bunch then cull because I’d likely end up having more than four plants. What are y’all’s thoughts?

Was in trim jail this morning with my second Skunk autoflower and I got 19 mature seeds out of it. I never saw any male parts on the plant, so I was pleasantly surprised. It makes sense since the plant was pretty anemic and sad throughout its growth. I am sure the bud will smoke just fine (since I use a one-hitter, I won’t really have to worry about “popping blunts”). Since I didn’t see any male genitals, my wife conjectured that it was pollenated by a different plant from someone else likely growing nearby.

Since the plant seemed largely female, do you think the seeds will be largely female? You can only grow four plants in VA, so I don’t want to plant a bunch then cull because I’d likely end up having more than four plants. What are y’all’s thoughts?
Are there any hemp Farms in your area? If so the seeds could be no good. I would only grow them if you have no other options or just curious what you will get. Just don't count on it to be anything special.

Are there any hemp Farms in your area? If so the seeds could be no good. I would only grow them if you have no other options or just curious what you will get. Just don't count on it to be anything special.
lol. My neighbor has probably been unknowingly pollinated by the 2 males I had in my yard. I didn’t know they were growing anything until yesterday. My males are interesting genetics(OFSG and Freakshow). I am sure they won’t be happy to have seeds but the seeds will likely be either weird or pretty good(depending on what they are growing). Next year, if I have any males, I will either cull them or sequester them inside. It is not cool to screw up someone else’s grow. I’d apologize but they don’t know I know…

If they self pollinated(male flowers can be sneaky and hide out inside the buds), the seeds may be prone to hermie as well(the hermie gene is in them). If they were pollinated by a neighbors plants, just hope your neighbors were growing some good plants. Either way, they are not guaranteed to be female plants. It is a 50/50 crap shoot. Personally, I would grow them out but I like oddities. If you are growing to get the ‘dankest of the dank’, you should probably just buy some seeds though.

Outside is always a gamble. To a lesser extent, indoors is too if you don't maintain a rigid sanitary regime. A wander outside mowing grass can cause all kinds of ills if you don't shower and change your clothes before entering your grow room.

lol. My neighbor has probably been unknowingly pollinated by the 2 males I had in my yard. I didn’t know they were growing anything until yesterday. My males are interesting genetics(OFSG and Freakshow). I am sure they won’t be happy to have seeds but the seeds will likely be either weird or pretty good(depending on what they are growing). Next year, if I have any males, I will either cull them or sequester them inside. It is not cool to screw up someone else’s grow. I’d apologize but they don’t know I know…
I got a pic of fogey peeking at his neighbors crop.
neighbor.jpg

Latest posts

Back