Pollinated WiFi x WiFi OG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Reaction score
I couldn’t find my pollen brush so I used tweezers to hold the banana/male flower in the middle of a week 4 nug and used a micro tip scissor to cut it in half. Then I simply drug the banana half over the pistil’s hairs very softly. I could see the pollen exploding out of the banana. When I was done I set the banana in the bud.
I’ll report back in a week or 2 with pictures of the hair change (if any) and then again in 6 weeks when I harvest.
02A5DE36-C5B6-4BD1-989A-3296468A0530.jpeg

These 2 received pollen.

curly orange hairs starting to show. Clearly something has happened.
68C7609A-A3B1-43BD-B709-B08D5700AB99.jpeg
I
85595EFC-D953-4DDB-9790-6FAC5FBC39AF.jpeg

Resin production reduced on leaf and pistil surfaces, hairs darkening, I hope It worked I have no more of this pollen. 😧
F1CDFBA1-2379-404E-A035-7F31BA02C9B4.png

Non pollinated nug on the same plant.

76CF58C3-AD78-4FE6-8391-39E9F42425B9.png

😵

Attachments

• 1F751D3D-7B94-4AFD-823D-11E98733C2C4.png
    1F751D3D-7B94-4AFD-823D-11E98733C2C4.png
    461.8 KB · Views: 6
Wonder if I can cut a nug off yet. 😂

I mean, I wonder if the seeds are done in 3 weeks or 6?
I would harvest those buds when you harvest the rest of the plant. You want the seeds to mature. It would suck to have pollinated the buds and find you didn’t give them enough time. As Bubba said, you will see dark seeds peaking out of their sheath. As an FYI- pollen will get everywhere including buds you didn’t intend to pollinate. That stuff floats around pretty good. Or maybe that was just my experience. Turned off my fans and lights, used a brush and even misted the un-pollinated buds to try to kill any ‘overspray’. The buds I pollinated had a lot of seeds and the others had just a few, some not any.

I would harvest those buds when you harvest the rest of the plant. You want the seeds to mature. It would suck to have pollinated the buds and find you didn’t give them enough time. As Bubba said, you will see dark seeds peaking out of their sheath. As an FYI- pollen will get everywhere including buds you didn’t intend to pollinate. That stuff floats around pretty good. Or maybe that was just my experience. Turned off my fans and lights, used a brush and even misted the un-pollinated buds to try to kill any ‘overspray’. The buds I pollinated had a lot of seeds and the others had just a few, some not any.
I used only 2 bananas on 4 nugs. All fans turned off for 15 min, slow movements, I cut the banana inside a hair bunch and watched the pollen go mobile. I don’t see a single seed poking out, but I pollinated the nugs when they were at their first set of calyxes. So it’s possible any seeds are in the center of the nug now. I’ve poked around a tad and looked and don’t see anything yet.

The male flowers usually show before the female flowers and in nature the buds ripen over the flowering weeks. It sounds like you did it right but I still think letting the pollinated buds ripen would be a good strategy. As a bonus, you can smoke the buds after you de-seed them. Ahoy! There’s trichomes in them thar buds!

The male flowers usually show before the female flowers and in nature the buds ripen over the flowering weeks. It sounds like you did it right but I still think letting the pollinated buds ripen would be a good strategy. As a bonus, you can smoke the buds after you de-seed them. Ahoy! There’s trichomes in them thar buds!
I harvested the one tiny flower with maybe one viable banana that I saw last crop and saved it until this run. I’ve had mediocre luck selfing this plant, but all you need is 1 for the next generation

By selfing, do you mean your plant has both male and female flowers? That is a hermaphrodite.

By selfing, do you mean your plant has both male and female flowers? That is a hermaphrodite.
I can make any cannabis plant give me flowers. Whether they are viable or not is a different story but every single pure female can be forced to shoot out a couple nanners. It’s how you get from f1 to s2.

I may have not read enough of the thread or your other threads. I didn’t know you were using rodelization to produce seeds. My bad…

I may have not read enough of the thread or your other threads. I didn’t know you were using rodelization to produce seeds. My bad…
You are a smart old fogey lol

Stress is the number one producer of seeds. Woah, maybe that’s why we called seedy weed - stress… Nah we weren’t that smart. 😝

Latest posts

Back