pollinated?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

workforpot420

Reaction score
ok so i just was harvesting and on 3 of my plants they had one bottom branch with all the buds on it are full of seeds. maybe like 10-20 seeds on each one' it was only on the one small branch on the 3 plants and the other plants had no seeds. i had one plant go hermie on me at about 1 week into flower and so i pulled that plant. now my question is do you guys think that maybe one of my plants hermied and pollinated these or do you think maybe it could be from someone growing in my area that had some males? so does this now mean i have 30 feminized seeds?

sorry for double post but i also wanted to know if maybe it could be from one plant going to late? im just kinda trying to figure out what pollinated them so i know what kinds of seed i have. was a blue widow, kushberry, and kushage that got pollinated

Im assuming you were growing outside, both scenerios are likely, its too bad if you knew for sure they were hit by a male in the area you could trust that you have good seeds.

grow was inside but i sucked air from outside for a few days to turn my stuff purple. im not sure how far pollin can travel so maybe it went in thru my vent

Now it seems a little more likely you had a hermie, you could have sucked pollen in, but it is less likely IMO.

Sounds like a hermie problem, and no you dont have fem seeds you have birdseed. Dont use the seeds.

I think I read that pollen can travel for up to 2 miles on the wind but I agree with dman. From what I hve been reading males/hermies will drop some pollen early on when the balls first show and then later on when they become bigger and more ripe they will open and spill their full load. Sounds like you got hit with that early first wave. At least it is only a handful of beans. I wldn't use the beans...I wld bin them. jmo

i think i should also add that these wernt actually fem seeds they were clones from fem seeds and the plants they originaly came from had where all grown outside and had no seeds at all

well all of them except for the la con that hermied and i pulled in week one that was from a fem seed

workforpot420 said:
well all of them except for the la con that hermied and i pulled in week one that was from a fem seed

Mmmmm...La Con. Yummy. One of my faves from bean.

ive had very bad luck with the la con 2 seeds didnt pop and then i had this one was looking great and hermied on me week 1 lol ima give it another try next run.

workforpot420 said:
ive had very bad luck with the la con 2 seeds didnt pop and then i had this one was looking great and hermied on me week 1 lol ima give it another try next run.

Wow....I ran LA Confidential a cpl grows ago from seed stock bought from Attitude and they grew great. No hermies and a good germ ratio. If you ever get a stable pheno I wld clone and hold onto it. I am surprised because I hve always thought of DNA/Reserva Privada as a solid Breeder.

Almost certainly a hermie. Throw the seeds away or you will end up with more of the same. If it was errant pollen from outside, the entire room would have been affected, not just a couple of branches on 1 plant.

Latest posts

Back